Note to New Members ×

I'm Moving To Boulder !! -- Need Temp Place

bartron

Hi folks,

I'll be moving to Boulder (from Calgary) in the next few weeks, and I'm looking for a landing pad -- a place I can stay until I find an apartment. If you're looking for a roommate, you're not tooooo much of a jerk and you like homemade desserts and James Bond movies, then I'd probably be interested in staying longer. :)

I'll be working by Spine Rd and 63rd Street (N) and with out a car, so I'd need to be near public transportation.

I don't have an exact date yet, we'll figure that out once I get my work visa -- the letter from the employer is on it's way and should be in my hands in the next couple of days.

Also, I welcome any advice for immigrating to the US and moving to Boulder. In particular, banks, cellphone service providers, etc. I visited Boulder in the fall of 2005, so I do have an idea of what it's like.

Unfortunately, I won't be arriving with my boarding gear, it's still out east. Once I settle in, then I'll have it shipped over.

Thanks-O-Bunch !

'later...

• 1 month later...

Well, I made it. I found a place, renting a room in a condo close to downtown. I don't have my boarding equipment. Getting my stuff in the country has been a real pain in the ass, especially clothes. For clothes, apparently the CBP wants me to list every item, what it's made of and where it was made !

The boxes I've had shipped here so far, were really, really banged up -- rounded bashed in corners, holes, etc.

So, I'm looking into getting a moving company to move my stuff here.

Other than that, and the ridiculous amount of paperwork, and the insane amount of time I have to wait for my SSN, everything is going well and I'm really enjoying it !

'later...