Note to New Members ×

POC Skull Light XP Question

queequeg

So I recently bought some protective gear, among which was a new helmet, the POC Skull Light XP. I ordered it from bogsports in NH, and when It arrived, I noticed that there was no way to attach the included visor on the helmet that it was supposedly intended for. I immediately assumed that bogsports had shipped the wrong sized visor. They claim that only one visor size exists for all of POC's helmets. That seems unlikely to me, though it could be true if poc is altering the location of the screw recievers on the helmet rather than the size of the crest.

It seems to me one of three things is true:

1) Visor is wrong size, and bog sports is mistaking or lying.

2) Screw receivers in my helmet are placed too far apart, making the helmet incompatible with the visor intended for it.

3) POC is knowingly selling these helmets with incompatible parts. (I really hope this isn't the case, as that would be unfortunate).

This isn't a big deal as I wasn't sure if I would even end up using the visor but I would like the option to use it, and I really don't feel like I should have to take a drill to the visor to make it fit after spending ~$150 on the helmet.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with this?