Note to New Members ×

Snow summit 01/27/08

Frenchy_in_SD

Guest DarkClone

Hi Frenchy from S.D. First off it is raining hard here in R.S. Can not believe how fast the weather changed. On the 23rd. Bear was ON!! Then the storm hits. I took a hit and shoveled quality snow for 36hrs. (Pharmaceutical from the University of Toronto). During the storm the temps ranged from 26-30 at my elevation. Then Friday this moist warm air mass destroyed all the snow. Have never seen snow melt so fast. Now it has been raining for 2hrs. plus. Do not go riding on Sunday. The media got all of L.A. to come up here and check it out. THEY SHUT DOWN 330 this afternoon to everyone except residents. Thank God cause at 9 this morning 330 was total gridlock. Cars are still coming down at 4mph. at 9:30p.m. Darkclone out.............

Hi !

Thanks you Darkclone. After the cancelation of saturday skydiving competition I decided not to go but was not able to say it online. Saturday weather should have been bed, but from Temecula it looked like it was a beautiful day to skydive or carve the slopes.

It will be for another time....

Blue sky

Didier

Guest DarkClone

You jump out of planes pro!!?? Unreal Frenchy!!! Yeah the cond. were good weather wise on Sat. but I would not even go into town cause I get freaked out when there are people sledding over berms into the street/highway, having b-b-q-s on the side of 18 and throwing dirty diapers (Thanks Jose and Maria) on the side of the road. Oh it is starting to snow now after hours of rain. Can not believe I was sunbathing yesterday on the back deck!! Darkclone out...........

Guest DarkClone

From my house in Running Springs you can see Perris (lake also) and the whole valley out to Vista. Dad used to have a 182 Skylane and never had a problem. Mom hated it for the obvious reasons so she would fake getting sick whenever we flew. So he sold it and bought a yacht. He had more fricken problems with that boat than you could believe!! One good thing was I had a key and it was the ultimate party pad for a 18yr. old. Had it moored in Newport. Still loved the plane though. It was so slushy (2ft plus)today could barely steer the car. Now it has frozen over and gauranteed many black ice wrecks tomorrow. By Thursday it will be epic again at Bear. Poss. Wed. Can not wait to ride. Darkclone out.........