Note to New Members ×

Anyone wanna ride during the week (Jan 21-25)?

skategoat

I have some time this week and the conditions look prime. What I would like to do is ride for a day with someone interested in taking turns riding and shooting video of each other. I'm really trying to improve my technique and video review would be very helpful. I have a camcorder.

The ideal place for this is probably MSLM with its straight runs but I am open to suggestions. I am good Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

Hey skategoat,

I'm not that great of a boarder and don't even have carving gear yet, but I aspire to carve as best I can on a soft set up until I'm able to get a HB set up. It would be great for me to be able to see some carving first hand so that learning might be a bit easier once I get the gear. I don't have time this week, but if you're interested in doing the same sort of thing in February some time, I'd be up for that.

Hi there,

I have been looking for someone to do this with. This week is not particularly good for me (perhaps friday might work), as I am swamped with work.

Send me a reply with your phone number and perhaps we can discuss this further. I am a photographer who knows how to shoot good stills and video.

Thanks,

Tony

...you guys are now the official videographers.

But seriously Henry and Tony, it would be cool to have some documentation if you are inspired to do so. As Henry knows, I did video for one of the first sessions and had a short movie together the same day. However, my Mini DV set up has a tired battery and JVC no longer makes a replacement (excuses, excuses).

I can bring all the video gear and photo gear. I may or may not let anyone else ride with my photo gear(I'm comfortable doing so), but I have no problem with anyone else using the camcorder.

I would prefer that someone else do the video editing, as I have no time for that.

I have Digital Canon SLR's and a Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS USM lens that would take great images provided the lighting conditions are right. We need sunshine to get great video and stills. I'm not willing to give up carving time unless the lighting is right!

Long term forcast for Friday is calling for variable cloudiness. This day might work. Thursday is supposed to be similar, so we can see what happens that day and then make a decision.

I may bring the gear to SOS 08, but I'm looking to ride HARD that day:D

Websight, I am emailing you my phone number.

I'll just bring my little point-and-shoot since I hate carrying an SLR. I also have a shiny new HD camcorder (Canon HV20) which I will bring. I took some vids at the recent AOS race and they turned out great. I can do the editing but don't expect Citizen Kane.

Feb. 1 is still a long way away so let's hope the long term forecast is wrong.

i might be heading up to blue tomorrow night.

but that will depend on the arrival of my UPZ tongue replacement - cracked a tongue in whislter last week :( a set of stiff boots in fresh pow = no the best choice.

but yeah it should be here tomorrow. so i might or might not go :P

I hit MSLM today but when I got home, I had a bit of a work emergency come up which will keep me away for the rest of the week.

FYI, there is piles of snow up north. It was clear sailing on the 400 until I hit the 400/Hwy 11 split. Just north of that, I hit a wall of snow. It was incredible. It snowed heavily all day at MSLM and I was caught with only my Coiler Freecarve. The board worked beautifully in the deep snow. I was pleasantly surprised. I just had to be careful not to power the nose too hard.