Note to New Members ×

I have a board now!

John Bell

I just bought on eBay a black 2006 Prior 4X4 164 from Muymal, a BOL member. So you can all breathe a sigh of relief now--no more tedious requests for help from my direction! (Unless it's on the slope.)

Big thanks to the many folks here who have generously shared their insights with me. There are just too many to name. But the biggest thank-you of course goes to Fin Doyle and his Bomber crew for providing this site, free of charge, with no advertising.

Can't wait to hit the slopes as soon as I can. A trip to Okemo is in the works for February; maybe I'll see a few of you there. (I'll post on the ride board when I go.)

See you in the "area under the carve"!:biggthump

C'mon up to Vernon Valley (some knuckleheads call it Mountain Creek) before then-

There's a core carving cabal there that'll bring a grin to your face when you join them, including a couple ex-racers and a euro-american WC coach, hiding out.

Hey, thanks! Nothing I love better than a good old-fashioned cabal. If I get time to head up there soon, I'll shoot you an e-mail. See ya!

Can't wait to hit the slopes as soon as I can. A trip to Okemo is in the works for February; maybe I'll see a few of you there. (I'll post on the ride board when I go.)

See you in the "area under the carve"!:biggthump

Congratulations!!!!

I go to Okemo frequently, and once I'm healed up, I'd be happy to have a carver to ride with. Are you planning on taking the Emilio's Ski Shop bus? Four-thirty AM baby!! I'm shooting for February 9th to hit the slopes again. I'll probably be taking it really easy, but if you want to take some turns with another NYC hardbooter, I'm game.

I've never been to Mee Noodle - but have you ever been to New Wonton Garden in chinatown? Hot damn, that places is the shizzle!!! Possibly the most indifferent service in the entire universe, combined with the best food--It's the crack-cocaine of chinese food. 56 Mott Street, I can't recommend it strongly enough. I am always up to discover new dumpling joints - pm me!

cheers!

-Jose

Congratulations!!!!

I go to Okemo frequently, and once I'm healed up, I'd be happy to have a carver to ride with. Are you planning on taking the Emilio's Ski Shop bus? Four-thirty AM baby!! I'm shooting for February 9th to hit the slopes again. I'll probably be taking it really easy, but if you want to take some turns with another NYC hardbooter, I'm game.

I've never been to Mee Noodle - but have you ever been to New Wonton Garden in chinatown? Hot damn, that places is the shizzle!!! Possibly the most indifferent service in the entire universe, combined with the best food--It's the crack-cocaine of chinese food. 56 Mott Street, I can't recommend it strongly enough. I am always up to discover new dumpling joints - pm me!

cheers!

-Jose

Thanks, Jose! Yeah, I'd definitely be up for riding with you sometime. I would probably slow you down a lot, being a newbie, but we could always do a couple runs together and then meet up later so you can rip it up at your level. Feb. 9--I think that would work for me. Hope you're all patched up by then! Re. Okemo, my wife and I are gonna stay at an inn with another couple (so the ladies can go shopping at the outlets in Manchester).

For any board trips I do, I'll probably just drive; I have a car here parked just off of FDR. (BTW, I posted a reply to your ride-board post a couple months ago.)

So how's the shoulder? I blew my ACL out a few years ago, and they gave me some pretty hi-octane schedule-3 happy pills. Sounds like you got some good medical care, though. I mean, whenever they put metal in you, they must know what they're doing, I figure.

Mott Street--I actually know that one. The wife and I did Thanksgiving at Peking Duck House. Fantastic! There's one up here in Midtown too, but the prices are way better at the one in Chinatown. I'll have to make a trip down there for New Wonton Garden, though.

Alright--heal up quick!

John

Thanks, Jose! Yeah, I'd definitely be up for riding with you sometime. I would probably slow you down a lot, being a newbie, but we could always do a couple runs together and then meet up later so you can rip it up at your level. Feb. 9--I think that would work for me. Hope you're all patched up by then! Re. Okemo, my wife and I are gonna stay at an inn with another couple (so the ladies can go shopping at the outlets in Manchester).

For any board trips I do, I'll probably just drive; I have a car here parked just off of FDR. (BTW, I posted a reply to your ride-board post a couple months ago.)

So how's the shoulder? I blew my ACL out a few years ago, and they gave me some pretty hi-octane schedule-3 happy pills. Sounds like you got some good medical care, though. I mean, whenever they put metal in you, they must know what they're doing, I figure.

Mott Street--I actually know that one. The wife and I did Thanksgiving at Peking Duck House. Fantastic! There's one up here in Midtown too, but the prices are way better at the one in Chinatown. I'll have to make a trip down there for New Wonton Garden, though.

Alright--heal up quick!

John

Speed - that is so not a problem: I'll definitely be taking it slow until late february. I really want to ride, but I definitely do not want to aggravate the injury, so I am making a compromise, riding a little earlier, but taking it very slow. I don't really need to be moving fast to have fun, and there's plenty of good practice that can be had at low speeds.

Okemo, I'm usually there on Saturdays, on Sunday's I am at Mt.Snow.

The shoulder is going well. I have completely taken off the sling and I have got the vast majority of my range of motion back. I feel really good! I'm down to one happy-pill a day now. I just have to wait a few more weeks to make sure things are a bit more solid and see what my doc says before I can ride again :-)

Hey - yeah - if you want more company on the way up, it would be great to have more options than the Emilio's bus - I might hit ya up for a ride!!

Cheers!