Note to New Members ×

SB series strap to buckle conversion

xxguitarist

For switching a 3 buckle + velcro strap setup to 4 buckle, it seems that 2 straps, and 2 buckles are required (duh, right?) but also, there is some hardware..

it looks like 2 T nuts(?) are required, as well as 2 rivets. I'm guessing I can find the rivets in a hardware shop locally, but where might I find the hex head screw type bits and their backing for the strap side?

Thanks

you can use T-nuts and phillips bolts especially instead of going the riviot route just use tread locker or if in a pinch clear nail polish (it really works very well) check the wonder source, Carr McMaster, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find what you are looking for there, Locally the only place that might have good little T-nuts is a True Value Hardware store.

I am planning on changing my heel buckle from ratchet to bail this year though when I'm not sure

something like this would probably work though you would need to smooth knurl and maybe add a washer

http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.ASP?tab=find&context=psrchDtlLink&fasttrack=False&searchstring=90598A041

Thanks for the help.

Gecko, you mention changing the heel- I'm guessing that is the one that I'd call the instep or ankle strap. Any chance the change you'll be making is to somethign that would fix that problem with the buckle undoing when I flex my boots forwards? It's really starting to annoy me when my buckles pop mid-run.

Locked in position 3 (of 5) the boots are flexing a bit & I'm not able to edge as hard to toeside as I'd like to.. maybe I just need to switch to something stiffer than my current sb124s.

• 2 weeks later...