Note to New Members ×

MC tonight 1/17 5pm-whenever

cafercr35

Hey cafe, my brother has my other Madd now. I'd offered it to you to ride in the past it's in CA now. Did you end up getting something else?

I'll be out riding this weekend and next week. I'm the guy with the runny nose, you'll see me.

I hope to see you too JT - hope you're doing well.

I rode MC from 4:15 to 6:30 with my daughter on the beginner lift at north. Hero snow conditions on that beginner trail. I was able to let my daughter go about 200 feet in front of me and ripped some turns after her. When I caught up to her I circle carved her. She loves that. There weren't many people on the beginner trail so I was able to safely give her a little freedom to ride ahead of me. I will be riding tomorrow night some time around 8:00 pm. Hopefully the snow will stay nice like it was tonight.

Hey cafe, my brother has my other Madd now. I'd offered it to you to ride in the past it's in CA now. Did you end up getting something else?

So I snapped the Volant, and before that I sold all my others to save for a new board. Now I only have my 185 Donek....my legs are like rocks from riding that thing at MC - gotta work way to hard. My plan is to have Bruce custom me a Coiler(metal) with the same specs as the Volant. Thats gonna take some time....so I gotta find something cheap and quickly to rip around on until then. If you got any ideas let me know.

I'll be around on MC Saturday and Sunday first thing until about 11.

If it snows good tonight I'll be there tomorrow.

Look for the guy with the obnoxiously long board...LOL

185s at Vernon Valley are no rarity...Right now, I wish I had my 183 or my 190 for the local riding...

You may want to revisit your technique if a 185 seems too long for that place...try initiating your turns from the (board's) waist as opposed to (from) the shovel, and try the old "Bauer Bounce" from the tail when transitioning.

I would imagine that you could really advance your skills by adjusting your technique on that sled, as opposed to simply purchasing another.

Give it a chance, and ride it as if it's the only sled you'll have all season.

The length gives you much wider latitude for balance point error, and it allows you to stay stable while skipping off the mounds under the guns.

Adjust your technique, not your board... it's way more fun!:biggthump

I'll be on the hill a little later this morning.

(easy to spot: Pony-tailed blonde guy, blue jacket, ancient Renntiger who "crouches" while he carves.)

Thanks WB - It just clicked when reading this - i should: "Shut up and ride!"

Technigue adjustment will most definitely make a huge difference. the board seems to be long and hard to manuever, but when getting in it's waist, and turning it from there, I can actual switch large radi into short with a tweak of the knee.

I will be riding Saturday, Sunday mornings this weekend. Are you coming out on the weekend at all?

185s at Vernon Valley are no rarity...Right now, I wish I had my 183 or my 190 for the local riding...

You may want to revisit your technique if a 185 seems too long for that place...try initiating your turns from the (board's) waist as opposed to (from) the shovel, and try the old "Bauer Bounce" from the tail when transitioning.

I would imagine that you could really advance your skills by adjusting your technique on that sled, as opposed to simply purchasing another.

Give it a chance, and ride it as if it's the only sled you'll have all season.

The length gives you much wider latitude for balance point error, and it allows you to stay stable while skipping off the mounds under the guns.

Adjust your technique, not your board... it's way more fun!:biggthump

I'll be on the hill a little later this morning.

(easy to spot: Pony-tailed blonde guy, blue jacket, ancient Renntiger who "crouches" while he carves.)

ahhh wb u crouching tigah!!!:ices_ange