Note to New Members ×

step ins

tripine

I wasn't aware of any height difference. I didn't notice any fifference when I started using the different systems on the same board. Last weekend I discovered an added bonus. I snapped a cable on the rear step in and in the process of fixing it at the resort shop, some internal parts came up missing. No prob...we just borrowed some intec heal parts from the other boot and bingo, I was back in business!

There is a differance in flex. Also the TD1 and 2 ride totally different. I would not mix the two unless you want 2 diffferent rides under each foot.

Also the step in VS the trad. Flex is different. But most riders never know the difference.. (I would throw my board into the woods for not working right, however I am not most riders.)

Lots of rider mix Trad with SI and love the savings and proformance.

Dave over at hardbooter.com rides one Catek Olympic and one world Cup.

Also if your feet are different heights, because of a Trad and SI combo Look into the TD1 lift Kit it is enough to lift 2 Trad bindings to the same height as the stepins (TD1s Only)

JeffnStefanie

Check out the 3-24-04 gallery at hardbooter.com First picture of me tuning has a pair of TD1s That I converted to step ins.

If you look at the toe pad you can see there is a riser between the toe block and the plate you can buy these risers from Fin here. They lift your Trad TD1 to the same height as the step in so your platform is the same height on both feet.

The pair in the picture were "built" buy using the lift kit to rise the Trad height of the toe block to the "fixed" height of the intec heel block.

I already had the lift kit on all my TD1 Trads so when I went to the Step in system( on my TD2 and Cateks) and still had TD1s laying around I Just bought 2 new toe bails (SI) for 8 bucks and 2 replacement Intec heels for 16 or so bucks. It aloud me to "Make" step ins for 50 bones out of my old TD1 trads. And since I still have all the old parts I can rool them right back into Trads with some bolt turning.

Any more ?'s

Also Does the Salty Dog still do Bladder Buster Nights and 5 cent drink night in Manch Vegas? I once Partied like a rock star there with Adam Sandler buying everones drinks all night on a 5 cent drink evening!