Note to New Members ×

Sunday River this weekend

Guest NLM

Anybody riding at the River this weekend (1/12)? My usual riding partner (my wife) can't ride on Saturday, so I'm looking for for some carvers; I haven't seen many out this season. I'll be riding the maple leaf Coiler.

I'll be at Sunday River all weekend! :biggthump

I'm still learning though, so I'm mostly on blues. I might bore ya! It would be nice to meet up for a few turns with someone. A friend of mine, who is an expert skiier, is coming up. So he might be good company too...

I'll be at Sunday River all weekend! :biggthump

I'm still learning though, so I'm mostly on blues. I might bore ya! It would be nice to meet up for a few turns with someone. A friend of mine, who is an expert skiier, is coming up. So he might be good company too...

angie,

prob be in north conway this weekend and torn b/t riding wildcat or SR.

how about a happy hour at your place in bethel ?

There's a big ole hot tub outside at my friends place in bartlett, where we're staying....bring a suit....or not :rolleyes::eek::cool:;):sleep:

I'll be at the river this weekend. Might be blocked out Saturday with my silver pass, I'm not sure. Definely be out Sunday. Hopefully new snow softened up the hill a bit; last weekend was bulletproof. Willywit; I'll keep an eye out for ya. We had some fun runs one day last season. You still riding that Coiler?

I'll be at the river this weekend. Might be blocked out Saturday with my silver pass, I'm not sure. Definely be out Sunday. Hopefully new snow softened up the hill a bit; last weekend was bulletproof. Willywit; I'll keep an eye out for ya. We had some fun runs one day last season. You still riding that Coiler?

oh yeah ! now I remember, a short but juicy ripper carvin' sesh we had.

like angie said, if we do go we'll prob go waaay out to the "bowls" and try to avoid crowds. It would be great to "run into" you again for another surf style OG

carvin' fest:biggthump:biggthump

angie ???I seeeee you.....fondooo party saturday at 6 ?

I have my own hot tub for human soup :)

As for happy hour, our house hosts happy hour at the FogGog...so that's where you'll most likely find me apres.

Hope to run into you guys. I'm usually on Jordan Bowl for most of the morning. Schedule might change up a little since I have a friend coming along.

NLM...I'm thinking I've run into you and your wife a few times (or at least seen you). I can't imaging there are many man/woman carving duo's on the mountain! BTW - silver is blacked out Saturday :mad: I'm buying a ticket and riding anyway, whatever...

Let's hope for snow tomorrow - no mix precip!

Sounds cool. I'll be looking for those telltale trenches. Angie; yep, that was probably us. We've been riding at SR for years. It'd be fun to ride with another female carver; I don't think we ever have!

Willywhit; I've got friends down in Bartlett too. You're not gonna be brawlin' down at Tuckerman's, are ya?

Sounds cool. I'll be looking for those telltale trenches. Angie; yep, that was probably us. We've been riding at SR for years. It'd be fun to ride with another female carver; I don't think we ever have!

Willywhit; I've got friends down in Bartlett too. You're not gonna be brawlin' down at Tuckerman's, are ya?

more likely bustin' it up at the Parka, an easy stumble to the ski club or Moat Mt.

could be pursuaded, tho. Free popcorn and peanuts at the parka, tho:biggthump

I have a dream ! snow at wildcat ! no Rain !

post-123-141842246428_thumb.jpg

dano's gonna be up with the wife and kiddys, maybe we can coerce him to sneak out for a pint or 2 or 3.

Do you remember who I was riding with the day I met you ? A tall guy on skis maybe ?

moat has some great bbq , too.....oink oink......slow cooked ribs alll lather'd up

Willy, you were riding with a guy that was just starting in hardboots, doing pretty well, though, if I remember. Maybe on borrowed gear?

Droolin' for that Moat beer, but settling for the Red Hook brewery tonite.

sounds like ponytail Bob or Ken on the Sims Carve 2. I remember that day chasing you and you took a line across a steep knoll like a big backside turn on a wave almost exactly how I like to hit it. :eek::)

Great surfin' style mang !

Riding with peeps that know how to slay the hill is the best:biggthump

Red Hooch any good ? They crank out a decent IPA despite their BUD influence. I've yet to stop at that brewery.

speaking of portsmouth, ever see Iron Lung and the boyz ?? too funny !

RAWK !

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g8y2jCUYzk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g8y2jCUYzk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Ya, I think it was Ken. Good riding last weekend. Did you hit the Cat? Imiss that place; haven't been there in years. I drove by there on the way home Monday. Looked good but real cold. Not much carving activity at the River, just John with the the Prior. You a BOL guy, John?

Never saw those guys, but I did spend alot of time at the Stone Church back in the UNH days. Good place back then, they used to heat it with a woodstove.