Note to New Members ×

Good board for smaller/beginner

Guest freeride

Guest freeride

The condition of the board is excellent. It has been ridden less than ten times and the base has a couple of light scratches and has always had a coat of wax while not in use. The topsheet is gorgeous as in the picture. There is a very small chip at the base of the tail. Otherwise, the top is perfect.

I will have to see if I can find the specs on this board. The length is 155. I bought it a few years ago. The ride is silky smooth. The board is on the softer, more forgiving side. It initiates a turn with ease and holds an edge very well through the turn. Since it is not super stiff, it does't do as well at very high speed. On the other hand, you can get a sweet edge to edge ride without going mach 2.

Posting a picture of the base here.

post-1012-141842197163_thumb.jpg

Well i am new to alpine snowboarding and dont know everything about it yet. I was wondering would this be a good beginners board for me. Im only about 5'2" so i normally ride a 145 freeride. I was wondering would this be too big to start out with i know you should start out with a smaller board so, that what i was planning on doing. but would this board be good to start with for me or anything like that?

________

Problems with depakote

Guest freeride

At 155, this board would be a good match for your size. You want a board that is longer than your freeride board. The extra edge will help you carve a nice turn and not wash out. The board is a bit softer and more forgiving that most alpine boards and therefore is a good match for a beginner.

Well see, i just bought a 149 recently and i was wondering that i might wanna try this seeing that it has both the bindings and board for only 150 not a bad price for even a regular snowboard. But I still need boots and bindings so i may be looking into trying to scrounge up some money to maybe buy this but im not absouluetly sure, since i just bought a 149.

________

Cherry_Love cam

Guest freeride

I bought the board for my son too as he was in the situation. He was a good rider and very comfortable on his freeride board but limited in his carving ability just because his board couldn't perform like an alpine board. As I have mentioned in other posts, this board is short enough and soft enough to be well suited to smaller riders who are getting into alpine riding.

I wrote Arbor and asked for the board specs. If it helps at all, the bindings as shown in the photo were set at those stance angles to accomadate size 9 boots.

I went to the Arbor website, but found no alpine equipment. It seems like to me they stopped making carve boards several years back, but I don't know the details--- not that it matters. Looking into boots and assesing how interested he really is in the disipline before I lay out the cash on more equipment for him. Let me know if you here from Arbor. Thanks GC

I am pretty sure I want this board, i will pay 150 for it. I will let you know by tonight if I will buy the board. If you could e-mail me at catcherkid2@yahoo.com about the shipping and payment info later tonight that would be great. But again I am not absoulutley positive juss about 75% sure! Thanks!:D

________

IOLITE VAPORIZATION TEMPERATURE

Guest freeride

Another person has decided to buy the board and is sending money now. If for some reason he doesn't send the check, I will contact you if you are still interested. Thanks for your interest.