Note to New Members ×

I Could Really Use Your Help! I'm in the Never Summer All Season Shredder Contest!

ike

Hey everybody!

I've been on this forum lurking for a while, only posting when I have something really important to say, nonetheles...

I'm in the Never Summer All Season Shredder Constest, a contest which awards the biggest ass (all season shredder) both an amazing Never Summer longboard, and snowboard! (more info here)

The way the contest works is you make a video of you snowboarding, skateboarding, surfing, etc, and upload it to a thread on silverfishlongboarding . Once the deadline is met, the winner is decided by votes.

I'm asking if you guys could help me by voting for me!

Here's the catch, you have to make an account with silverfishlongboarding.com , but hey, it's a terriffic forum anyways so...

I realize I'm not amazing at carving, but I love it reguardless. If you could just take the time to watch my video, I'd be very happy!

The deadline to submit is 1-15, and I guess afterwards they'll give more info on exactly how to vote, which I'll pass on to you guys.

Thanks a ton!

Anyways, this is what I have posted over there:

pwc0KpZIEAA

<object height="350" width="425"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwc0KpZIEAA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="350" width="425"></object>

(I like to write)

Name: Isaac Adler

Hometown: W. Bloomfield, MI; currently going to school in Kalamazoo, MI

Aliases: Fat Bastard (Silverfish), Ike (Bomberonline), lakemichiganskimmer (Skimonline)

Occupation: College Student-Western Michigan University, College of Aviation

Major: Aviation Science

Minor: Military Science

Other hobbies not board related: Flying (I currently posses my Private Pilot’s License)

Army ROTC

For me, it all started off “surfing” my blemmed boogie board in Cocoa Beach, Florida. My dad realized that it was time for me to move on, so he bought me a skim board. I love my wooden hammerhead skim board. From then on, our annual trips to Florida were changed from a Disneyland oriented trip, to a beach oriented trip. In 2001, I entered in the Zap Pro/Am Cocoa Beach Skim Contest and took 2nd place with my wood board. Everybody knew I needed a better board; so would be wake surfing world champion Drew Daniello gave me his board that he had just won!

I continued entering in contests, winning the 1st annual Chapter 11 Sports Skimfest; and taking 3rd the preceding year. I realized however, that only skimming on vacation wouldn’t cut it. I started skimboarding on my lake, and even spent a summer skimboarding behind my boat. It wasn’t enough and I continued skimboarding just for fun. I needed by boarding fix though, so I looked to skateboarding.

I had dabbled with skateboarding during my skimboarding prime, originally starting off with my brother’s play it again sports cheapo skateboard. After the first day of fooling around in my driveway I was hooked. I started skating park at The Sandbox in North Carolina, and continued to skate at Airborne Skate Park, Modern Skate Park, and even spent my entire summer of 8th grade at Vans Skate Park. However, once I entered high school it all changed. I had no more time to skate; I was always busy with my schoolwork, soccer, and wrestling. I hung up my skateboard.

Towards the end of my sophomore year, I rediscovered my love for skateboarding, but in a different form….LONGBOARDING! My first board was a $60 Krown Pintail, which I loved! I started building my own boards, from slalom to a 7 ft dancer. Longboarding was amazing. I was making plenty of money running my own landscaping business, so the quiver began to grow and grow. I regularly practice all the disciplines of longboarding, but my love is with dancing. I my dancing video have been viewed by close to 10,000 people, and I have been featured in the Loaded Newsletter. I was even one of the favorites to win the second loaded challenge. Longboarding is by far my favorite sport, but in Michigan, we only have nice weather 3 months a year!

I discovered snowboarding. I tried the normal form, tricks and all; but found it rather boring. I began to notice those few snowboarders that hauled down the hill, and who wore ski boots and would touch the ground in each turn. I wanted to do it. I got my first alpine snowboard and fell in love. Here in Michigan, our “mountains” are about 300 ft, but I love snowboarding so much, I’ve learn to deal.

Even though I’ve done many sports, and done very well in them (varsity wrestler, state champion gymnast), my love truly is with all things boarding…

I AM AN ASS, MAN!

isaacadler@gmail.com

facebook

youtube

AIM: mr4foot10 (I've grown since I made the sn)

• 2 weeks later...
hahaha, thanks...

that license plate is from Sienfield?

it's on ebay

where's the poll ? big silverfish fan I am. Seinfeld, too...one of my fav episodes..

Kramer makes the best of the situation, using the plates to convince a parking lot security guard that he is a proctologist entitled to use a doctors-only space. While driving home the plates elicit cheers and catcalls from passing drivers.

About his ASSMAN plates, Kramer believes that the real owner is a proctologist. He tells Jerry and George that if they ever meet a proctologist at a party, they should stand nearby to be assured of hearing a funny story that will inevitably end with someone claiming "It was a million-to-one shot, Doc".