Note to New Members ×

BOL Collective.........

eaglez

I just saw this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Burton-Alp-57-racing-carving-snowboard-157-W-bindings_W0QQitemZ140194054841QQihZ004QQcategoryZ36297QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$225 with 2 days left!!!!!!! :smashfrea There must be a significant population that is catching onto the Alpine Carving groove lately, but has no idea what product is out there or what it should cost. I guess when ebay only has a couple of pieces of alpine gear at any given time, there is a demand created and the price goes up. If the average carving wannabe decides to pull the trigger on a new (used) rig, they have little or no retail, bricks and mortar, options. Maybe it is just because I am aware of the new product offerings out there, but it seems like this sport is definitely gaining steam, not retreating like Burton predicted. I wonder why Fin hasn't set up an Ebay store (not auction format), to sell from? What that would do, is at least make people aware of what NEW product is out there and what it costs. He could list boards, boots and bindings. Then when the new carver hits the search they get the full gammit of what is new and wonderful in the Carving marketplace. Unfortunately, once the new carver gets to BOL, he has usually already blown dough on a bunch of junk that, if researched on BOL, he would not have bought. What is really a crime is the fact that there are usually a bunch of $300 boards for sale on BOL, that would kick any tired old Burton board off the hill, but most of the BOL members already have enough (I know, there is never enough gear) gear and the board sits unsold instead of being enjoyed. Why BC's Scott board is not sold yet at $300 still baffles me. :confused:

It would be nice to see Bomber infiltrate the ebay stores arena. Catek and all the others should do the same thing. It would definitely bring the gear awareness level up quickly. Maybe the market is not as big as I preceive, but more advertising needs to be done to grow the sport.

D. :biggthump

Why BC's Scott board is not sold yet at $300 still baffles me.:biggthump

I thought about that too. I think it's because people just haven't heard of them before. The only way I know about Scott snowboards is I used to see European riders on them when I watched world cup on TV, back when Fawcett was still riding and there were super G races. Otherwise, I never would have heard of them and wouldn't be inclined to buy one. Personally, the waist is a little wide for my taste, and I already have too many boards.

later,

Dave R.