Note to New Members ×

Finally Great Conditions in the East + Video

Enzo

What a great weekend!! After receiving about 6-8 inches of fresh snow this past week, conditions at Loon went from bullet proof boiler plate last weekend to epic packed powder!! The conditions were pure hero snow and perfect for ripping turns on the carving board--especially on steeps!! My wife and I were messing around with the digi-cam and when I got home I played around with my movie editing software. As a nod to all of my favorite Extreme Carving videos, here's my rendition from the backwoods of NH with Thievery Corporation playing in the background.

http://www.metrocast.net/~gpeters/snowboarding_0002.wmv

The clip should be played on Windows Media Player and is best viewed at 200% (go to View -> Video Size -> 200%). I'm still trying to dial in the "Movie Mode" on my camera so the quality isn't Spielberg just yet.

Enjoy!

Nice video. I know what you mean about dialing in the camera. Mine kinda sucks, it only takes 15 second clips with no sound. I had a friend video me with his, but I get lost in the background untill I am really close. Then there is the size factor, I can reduce them with divx, but then not every one can view it, so they are not easy to share.

Thanks.

I'm still playing around with the features on my camera. I have 3 video settings and today I was filming in medium quality (320 x 240 pixels). I'm not satisfied with the grainy appearance, so from now on I'll be filming in the high quality setting (640 x 480) for better detail. Also, the light conditions were very flat so that was an added challenge during the filming. The only downfall with most digital cameras is the inability to focus while in movie mode. Once you start filming, your focus is locked.

Senor Spielbergo

Yeah, conditions at Mount Snow were great on Saturday, too! I have to agree, the conditions were the best I have seen all season in Vermont (though a bit on the softer side of hero).

My friends and I bumped into another guy riding a really short Nitro. That thing was sweet, and cut some nice turns!

With any luck, there will be one or two more good weekends left this season. :)