Note to New Members ×

Need help with board selection

CaRtharsis

Hey, I'm hoping I might solicit some input wrt some new purchases. I'm trying to rebuild my quiver and am in the dark as to what boards would be suitable.

I first started riding in '88 but due to family and work obligations have not been involved much in the sport for the past 5-6 years, riding only 2-3 times a season and usually on a loaner or rental.

The vitals; 6'1, 240ish, goofy, agressive hard boot rider. Rode for Burton, racing and freecarve boards, back in high-school and college. Haven't worn a soft boot since I snapped a binding and broke and arm back in the early 90's.

Hoping to ride 10-15 days a season from now on. Mostly in eastern Ontario and maybe up at Tremblant, or at Marble Mountain if I can get some some good flight prices. I'm open to suggestions on board type and length. If I've not provided enough info please let me know and I'll do my best to clarify.

Best Regards,

Chris

what do you want to do?

the best race sticks hands down are Kesslers

at 240 lbs I'd suggest either going custom or picking up a board from someone that had a board built that was close to your weight.

these days that's gettin a little more important because the boards generally are softer than they used to be, in particular with the metal construction.

that brings me to another point, if you can afford metal just drop the dime and get it, it's seriously the best thing that's happened to boards in last decade as far as performance goes.