Note to New Members ×

MHM Monday 12/17/07 report

6" fresh, cold, windy. This is the first good dump in a couple weeks. Basically better on low angle slopes due to early season conditions and it being fairly skied out and rough under the new snow. Wind rows on many pitches. Rode the Tanker 192cm and it worked well. Used the late morning to work the bugs out of my SB314s , not sure if they felt that much softer than the AF600, perhaps due to the outside temp. Softened up the BTS on these and that helps. Still looking for the hard boot solution on pow days. Love the step-ins, just a bit stiff to absorb the crud once it is tracked. Found plenty to smile about though. Conditions should continue to improve all week. Here is our base building multi storm session we need. Sorry, not much for photos today, sleety (sp) and not worth the cold hands! Bryan

post-198-141842243829_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842243832_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842243833_thumb.jpg

Nice Dawg shots Bryan! Thanks for the report. I will be riding MHM friday this week.

Jim

Ok, here is his buddy. Some were out of focus. Got to break down and buy that new camera, my back up camera sucks. (brick)

They were having a blast!! Peeing and Pooping everywhere!! Between running and jumping and rolling in the snow. Good fun!!!

One guy left a big dukie right in the path, very clever fella :eplus2:

post-198-14184224384_thumb.jpg

More snow, 8+" over night. Low winds, heavier snow. Filled in pretty good.

Each day it is going to get smoother, softer!! Started to warm up around 11am. Vista opened but no one noticed! I thought I was about done for the day, ended up lapping untracked from Vista. Vis was bad on the top half however, I seem to be able to find my way to the POW!!!

Randy K got in his first day of the season. He was looking good on his Eldo.(with plates) His new Tinkler is almost done. Just in time!! :biggthump

PS, It was raining at Govy on the way down. Bummer for Ski Bowl :(

• 11 months later...
Good to hear you'll be back on it Bryan. Good luck with the Leg and take it easy! :biggthump

Thanks Galen, I honestly won't know until I try. According to the Surgeon the bones have healed enough (large ti nail also helps). I tried on my boots a week or so ago and just leaning into it hurt pretty good. Hopefully that will

not be the case on snow.

It has been a long time, I know that if I can ride, I will appreciate it more than ever before. And yes, even if it means I will have to "Throttle off" for a while.

Thanks again. Bryan