Note to New Members ×

Size Question on Nidecker Pro 800 XL Binding

eastcoasticerider

Do the Nidecker Pro 800 XL series bindings start at mens size 10 like the Pro 900 Carbon do? theres some on ebay cheap and I want to get a set for a neighborhoood kid just starting out with borrowed gear. size 10 broken in malamutes..thanx

My XL's are set 1 notch back from the smallest setting and I have a 12.5 us boot. (and this may be a tad small in itself) The straps have a lot ov adjustment. Mainly the sizes are just preset at the factory. The heel cup adjustment is tricky. Mine are from the 04 year I think. Still solid. If you have trouble with adjustments, shoot me an email and I'll send some pics.

J

I'm recently got a pair of size M/L Pro 800s which fits my 2007 9.5 Burton Driver-X boots well. The heel cup is set to the second hole from the farthest out. In its current settings, there's about a 1 inch boot overhang past the toe ramp, but when I tried the farthest setting on the heel cup, it didn't center the boot well though the boot sat more flush with the edge of the toe ramp.

Slightly off topic... I picked up the pair of said Pro 800s off ebay and received an incorrect bag of screws -- probably tossed in from a different pair of bindings. The screws are too short because of the extra lift from the LDS. Could anyone give me a measurement of the length of the correct mounting screws?

And to double check, I'm looking for M6 screws w/ 1mm pitch, correct?

those MAY be the right screws

my 900s were hard to get threaded with some boards but once threaded compressed the pads enough that I got four full turns.

I'm pretty sure the screws are too short. They're the same length as my TD2 center disc mounting screws. The screws I received with the Pro 800s don't even clear the LDS. I can't get any threads right now. Also, the center discs included, while they had padding, isn't as thick as the LDS. Are your center discs padded the same depth as the LDS?

I'm pretty sure the screws are too short. They're the same length as my TD2 center disc mounting screws. The screws I received with the Pro 800s don't even clear the LDS. I can't get any threads right now. Also, the center discs included, while they had padding, isn't as thick as the LDS. Are your center discs padded the same depth as the LDS?

I don't think mine were padded at all, the disk is supposed to clamp the base to the board. If the disk bottomed out (with a pad) prior to that it would be loose. I'll check when I get home.

J

Ditto that, I'll take some measurements once I get home around 10:30p

J

Thanks, I'll try to muscle it in and see if the threads will reach tonight. I wasn't expecting to need to put that much force in it so I didn't even try to see if the LDS will compress enough to catch a thread. I would imagine the LDS would have to compress significantly though. Is that to be expected?

Back on topic, I think for a size 10 boot, size M/L would fit best. Jrobb's 12.5 on the 2nd smallest might get you close on the smallest setting on the XL but the straps also vary with size as I remember seeing a size label on the ankle strap/pad. I think I remember the ebay auctions advertising the XL for size 11-13 and the M/L was 8-10.

My screws measure .75" from tip of thread to top of countersink. Measureed without the washer. With washer, it's .50" from bottom of washer to end of threads.

\ __/--------------

````

````

```` ^

```` .75" between dotted lines

````

````

````

````-------------

I vaguely remember having to start mine similar to how Bola described when I first got mine. 4yrs later it's still a tad tricky on some decks.

J

Jrobb,

Those are the same length screws I have. About .75" in total length.

Bola,

Thanks for the tip. Even without the washer, it was difficult to get the threads to engage. I ultimately was able to get it by standing on the binding to compress the LDS enough.

It's definately an interesting design. I'm curious to see how it rides. Thanks all for the help.