Note to New Members ×

Is Bordy okay???? the Best winter kite bus burned up

JoelP

The Bus was meeting us in Montana and burned up in South Dakota.

All of my new kites (HPs) and our new demo fleet of gear was aboard.

We are adjusting and waiting for the office to decide what to do.

(New RV, Big truck, Van etc for the winter)

Joel I was out at strawberry yesterday and its bottomless. I hope its the same for your self in CO!

I'm waiting for my warrantied harness to come in and then I'm off to Strawberry. Thanks so much for that update.

Man...so sorry to hear the gear went up in flames...makes me cry...well whats really making me cry is not having my harness back :angryfire

see you soon,

Joel

Sweet pic, although your outfit looks a lot like what I wear deer hunting :)

So, riding a rail while trying to hold the kite, not fall off the rail, and make a grab...you're definitely going for the gold!

Multitasking is not just for Office folk!

Find other ways to be a rebel snowboarder in the meantime for sure !

baggy sagging pants= a good start

http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20070215/ai_n18629254

and a bandana, folded correctly (pink is good) placed strategically in those big ole baggy flappin pants:biggthump :biggthump

Waist deep pow all day for me and my kiter friends. Plus big airs and spins.

Willy... I threw the Mega loop on snow for the first time today, twice! 30 foot high and hundred + feet down wind... so sick! Bomb holes the size of VW bugs!!! :biggthump

Really just posting in case Dano reads. Wonder how the windsurfing isn't!! :p

Cool pics Bordy,

Beginner question for you. Save me registering on snowkiting forum.

Can I use wide Skiboards (is it easier to learn on them?).

My smallest 4 lines is a 9m, other than that, I have RAM kites (4.9 and 6.4) 2 lines. Would they be OK to try without killing myself?? It would be on frozen lake. Problem also is the line length, as I think they are about 40m on the RAM.

Thanks.

I use ski's a lot...actually mostly...they allow me to walk around easier and cruise. Also if I have to I can easily shuffle back to the car if the wind dies instead of post holeing. It's just a preference. Pending how short your ski's are they will either work in powder or not but if it's hard pack then it's not a problem and will actually help you learn real fast. Makes flying around real easy too if their short :1luvu:

I use both Ram's and Inflatables. i have a 4 and 7 Ram and inflatables from 6 thru 14. Your Ram's will be the easier to use to begin with and then you can decide from there if you want to try the inflatable. A 9 meter inflate is pretty good kite for snow. It works in fairly light winds if your on hardpack. All it needs to do is fly and once you drop it you'll be off. If the winds get up over 20mph then your small rams will be fun even on 40m lines although shorter lines will be even more fun. Those are long lines for high wind looping and playing since the kite is in the window a LOT longer than on short lines, but they work. I have 20m lines on my 4 meter and 30m lines on the 7m foils. I would like to shorten the 7m lines but it's on handles so I need to buy 4 new lines....maybe later...

more questions just ask away.

JoelP