need help choosing a board!

groovastic

What's better for what I need?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What's better for what I need?

• Pogo Impact 168
    • Prior 4WD 169

Pogo Impact 168 or Prior 4WD 169?

I have a custom Coiler RC175, but it's too big for crowded slopes and bad piste quality. And since I just found a job, I won't be able to go snowboarding to some better resorts. I'll have to go only for weekend trips to some local resorts and it's hard to ride my Coiler on them!

So, I can't decide between these two boards.

I tested a Pogo Impact few years ago and loved it, and I have never tested a Prior.

Impact seems to be very easy to carve even on crowded slopes and it feels good carving it!

I guess 4WD is good for crowded slopes too, but it's not made for pistes only, like Impact... so it may not be such a good carver. On the other hand, I guess 4WD can handle worse piste conditions.

And now I don't know what to choose! :confused:

I'm not so much into powder, so Prior being an AM board doesn't make an influence on my choice

Please tell me your opinion on this.

Thanks

I'm in much the same position I love my RC175 but it's a bit long for where I spend the bulk of my riding time, I've been looking at the AM169, 4WD169 and the Axxes167. If I had my choice it would definitely be the AM but if time were an issue then the other two would get a serious look and it would likely come down to money then. Both the Donek and the Prior will likely be cheaper than a Pogo especially considering how the Euro is doing against the Dollar

Both the Donek and the Prior will likely be cheaper than a Pogo especially considering how the Euro is doing against the Dollar

Since I'm in europe, the price difference is not very big. I can get a Pogo for maybe 800 € and Prior would probably be some 700 € including shipping, taxes....