Note to New Members ×

Feedback on the Donek Razor

Mr. Colon

No, The 182cm is a standard size!

I did talk to Sean @ Donek about deciding on the size. I am going to use is it as an all mtn carver in hardboots, but also might take it out in softies in Pow, or whatever?

I wanted a larger SCR, I am not to worried about it on quick turns. I would just like to make some big, smooth turns. Before I started using hard boots, I use to just carve on my soft set up and loved doing it! But my front anke was taking a beating, once in a while it would buckle under at the end of a hard fronside turn.

I am hoping to dail in a couple of options and I will let you know what works best for me?

Brett,

• 2 years later...

Reviving an old thread. Any more input on the Razor? I just got a new G-Force Razor 164. I would assume this is the same as the Donek? Any tips for setup? Going to give it a try on our hardpack. I have an Incline 164 that has great edge hold in softboot. Would guess that the Razor is even better with the extra 10cm of EE. Man this thing has a ton of camber! Should make for some great pop.

I had one for a short while a 170. It was a nice board and carves very well and rides all mountain very well. I ended uptrading it back in for a 172 AX because my feet get destroyed riding in soft boots. I rode it with Catek free ride bindings and Burton Driver X boots. I will not be riding soft boots ever again. No fault of the board. Great for soft boot carve oriented riding if you don't have issues with foot pain in soft boots.