Note to New Members ×

Rossignol Race V.A.S. 166cm Alpine Board with Bindings: Burton Race Plates

Guest Carver Moss

Guest Carver Moss

Rossignol Race V.A.S. 166cm Alpine Board with Bindings: <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Burton</st1:place></st1:City> Race Plates<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

*Board Brand: Rossignol<o:p></o:p>

*Length: 166cm<o:p></o:p>

*<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Burton</st1:City></st1:place> Race Plates Bindings

*Used a couple times over the 2000-2001 & 2001-2002 season<o:p></o:p>

*Edges in great shape<o:p></o:p>

*No dings or major blemishes on top or bottom of board

$125.00 + $25 shipping.

Board in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Rochester</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">NY</st1:State></st1:place>

post-6088-141842242791_thumb.jpg

post-6088-141842242794_thumb.jpg

post-6088-141842242797_thumb.jpg

Guest Carver Moss

When I rode this board, I was probably ~180 lbs. I unfortunately do not have the specs on width or side cuts. The bindings already have lifts and angles to them, but I don't have any substitutes. Let me know if you all have any further questions- I'll do my best to answer.

~Moss

PS- thanks JD for the wisdom

Chris,

What is the TWS Guide? I think I'm interested in this board, but I don't know a whole lot about it. I am ~160 lbs, 5'7". I used to have a Rossi Throttle. How does this compare in stiffness to the Throttle?

How does it compare to some of the newer offerings from Prior, Donek, etc.?

Thanks,

Brad B.

Brad:

My son is 5'8", 140 and loves his Rossi Race VAS. Easy turning. The graphics are different than the one here so I'm not sure which is newer.

Sounds like a great price with the bindings (as long as the bails are in good shape).

Good to hear. My Throttle was not what I would describe as easy turning. To me it seemed quite stiff and took a lot of work to make it turn. (I only weighed about 140 back then, though.) It really held an edge, though, so much so that it was sometimes tough to initiate the next turn. I eventually sold it to get something more forgiving.

Badbrad, if you were riding a Throttle with a wood core it may have acted differently. They were using wood cores on the 171 throttles after around 95/96 and the capped boards were a foam core that tended to soften up after time. I cant remember if this is still a foam core but if it has cap construction it probably is. Still a good board but I would go easy if you weigh more than 160 as you can fold the nose in the soft or variable terrain. Pretty good deal if you ask me. The older Throttle had the red top sheets, after this they were red/white/blue and then yellow when they quit making them. Dont remember the years exactly. Somebody around here will im sure