Note to New Members ×

Step-in binding options for me?

BadBrad

Years ago I had a set of the Burton step-in race plate bindings. They rarely worked well, especially if any snow or ice got stuck on the boot heel. Even in the best conditions and with them well maintained and lubed I usually had to push the lever down to fully secure them. I eventually gave up on them and just went with the regular race plates. I now have 2 sets of Burton race plates. I'm guessing one set is from late-90's and the other set is a couple of years newer. I like them but I've been reading about some of the newer step-in options like Intec, and I might be interested in trying out step-in convenience again.

So, is it possible to convert my Burton race plates to use the Intec, or do I need to buy new bindings? My boots are Burton Wind. If I need new bindings, which are recommended? I like bindings with some flex in them.

I bought a set of the step-in F2 Carve RS's from Bomber last season, and I'll have them out for the first time next weekend. I can't run the TD1's on my Axxess - it's too stiff an interface for my weight - and after step ins regular bails drive me nuts, so I'm hoping these will do the trick.