Note to New Members ×

off topic... surfers???

Guest Ken D

Yeah, there aren't any bigger names in surfing, at least as far as history goes. Joey and Mike are both former world champs. Joey's daughter is married to Sunny Garcia, a pro surfer currently on the ASP curcuit.

Munoz, one of the first guys to ride Waimea Bay in like '57, invented and helped develop the Hobie Cat and owns or has a piece of Arbor Snowboards.

Here's a shot of Joey railing at Aspen last week. (Photo: Larry Castruita)

post-69-141842197147_thumb.jpg

Guest Ken D

Wow...I can only hope to ride that well at 66.

I saw the kahuna kapuna in Northern Cali and I think the starting age was 55. Guys in there 60's and 70's BAKIN' waves!

Very, very cool.

Ken

Yup, carving has become strong competition for my surfing time the last 3 years. My surf buds kinda write me off from Jan to Mar. More stoke in carving and smaller/positive crowds. Even the skiers are friendlier than the most surfers in Santa Cruz.

I even have more carveboards than surfboards, and that is saying something. Coiler coming soon....I hope.

BTW ran across ( no Randy I didn't run him over ) an old surf friend from the 70's at the beach who quit carving in 94. He said "Been there-done that". I wanted to tell him to head up to Tahoe with me and try my Donek/TD2's then say it one more time.