Note to New Members ×

Head STratos shell size around 30???

MUD

Hi All,

Could those of you with Head Stratos' size 28.5 up to 30 or so chime in with what your shell size is? I am trying to figure out which shell I can get away with. I may just end up buying 2 and returning the one that doen't work.:(

Thanks,

12 feet, had 29 Orange Stratus Pros with cutom liners, I just bought 28.5 black ones which I will use custom liner (Conform'able) which are pretty thin in construction. I have pretty wide feet with big calves. I had the toe box punched alot. They fit snug, but good. I have not had them on the hill yet.

The sole length difference is huge, I'd say at least a 1-1.5 cm.

I tried Thermo flex liners which worked well I just preffered the Conform'ables

Overall, my exp is smaller and snugger is better. Frankly they all feel like clamps on my feet. My 0.02 as a non expert

k

MUD:

There is no substitution for trying out boots. So, it is recommended you plan a snowboarding trip to Colorado, Utah, the East Coast or California (recommended order) where you get to try the boot. It is the only way I buy boots.

Short of that, there are the standard measurement techniques. The one/two finger method, etc. However, these techniques do not capture that weird stitching that can pressure that nerve or the bone outgrowth. Some of these minor irritants can be taken care of with heat molding. Note that there is no difference in the shell size for half sizes, it is all in the liner.

Bola

www.allboardssports.com

1-3093-415-1600

Hey Bola,

I know, that would be best. Unfortunately if I don't make it out for SES (which is looking doubtful) the next time I will be able to make a trip out west will be in a couple of years, maybe three...... SO, my only option may be to order two or three pairs of boots, take them to my boot fitter and return the ones that are the wrong size......

Kinda sucks to live in the widwest sometimes.