Note to New Members ×

Early 90's Trench Digger Question

Guest hhuffman

Guest hhuffman

Hi All,

I raced for two years in the early 90's and haven't done it since. I have my original Trench Diggers and a Rossignol Throttle 167 from that period.

Both are in immaculate condition and I am wondering if there is a better outlet to sell them than eBay.

Do the older TD's have much of a market value?

Thanks,

Heath

Heath,

Welcome! Dang, I probably built those myself when I was a wee lad. Now they are made by Chinese made robots running in an underground secret bunker :p

Best place to sell alpine gear is right here. Click on "Classifieds" and post your items. Your already registered so you are good to go.

Tip: people pretty much demand pictures of the gear for sale. Helps everyone.

They also like credibility. Either somebody who has been on BOL for a long time or somebody to vouch for you or such. Don't be offended by people asking for that stuff. It goes on alot on here and sometimes it gets a little heated. It's just too easy to get burnt on internet deals.

Guest hhuffman

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the info. I FINALLY figured out how to upload my photos.

Thanks for your advice guys.

Also, as far as potentially being a fraud, I don't know if it helps but I could point people to my eBay ID: heathdamien through which I actively sell mountain bike equipment, and I have a rating of 100.

Thanks again,

Heath

trenchdiggers002rl5.th.jpg

rossithrottle001yg9.th.jpg

Heath

check the "how to post pics" thread in the FAQ if you already havent. You can just resize them and post them using the attachment function down below the post window

OR:

http://www.mediafire.com/

upload there and then click the little postcard looking buttun up above the reply window and enter the url they give you.

it shouldnt be a .gif I don't think. Should be jpeg.

Heath,

Welcome! Dang, I probably built those myself when I was a wee lad. Now they are made by Chinese made robots running in an underground secret bunker :p

Probably made out of the lead they've had to leave out of our children's toys lately... Bwahahaha... :eplus2:

Lead = the new Titanal. Now you can dampen your ride at the board level, the membrane between board and binding, and even in the bindings. Woohoo. Just don't lick them.

Looks like a 94/95 throttle (pre cap construction). Must have been a pro deal as they were available on the pro form then (like an idiot I got the Emerys). Still some people around here loyal to the brand, and the TD1'S still sell here too. You might try a search in the classifieds to see what they have sold for and price accordingly. JMO (and I rode those boards) those make a better AM board when you look at the new race boards available but at the time that was top of the line off the shelf. I think you might get a better price here but you never know. Good luck.

That red rossi is the best race board rossi ever made...won many races before the ages of F2 and Kessler :)

Not sure the official name is throttle thu..not in France at least it was just the Race model. The next years were crappy sandwich and began the dismissal of alpine lines at rossi.... :(