Note to New Members ×

new G-FORCE/DONEK board

alexgforce

Would like to see more neon green/yellow in the graphic(or the whole board)

Need a longer running length, the nose is too long.

Would like a 170 with an 11 side cut. and a 24.5 waist width. also just a little more taper!

Id like to use one for boardercross but keep in mind they require a slightly like rounded tail. so make that a 171!

that stiffness seems a bit soft, I'd like atleast a 6

:flamethro damn dude...it's called a CUSTOM and coiler, donek, prior and many other companies make them!

Indeed I am. Looking forward to it. This year we are coming as a group of 12 from Greece. I am missing another 278 otherwise we would come as the 300!!!! But rest assured we eat and occupy as much space as 300.

Alex, looking forward seeing you and your wife(?) in Aspen again!

Well Jack, the reason we decided on the specific tail is the fact that we want to maintain a clear carving board look.

I can understand that, so in that case I would recommend giving it a good amount of kick to get that square end off the ground. Beginners can get hung up and spun around by square tails, I've seen it several times. The 1992 Burton M was like this - square tail (well, asym), with a good amount of kick. It worked and looked pretty cool.

As per the sidecut we might concider it. Again keep in mind that this board needs to be as friendly as possible but still be a carving board. It is pretty hard trying to balance all these things together but it is our first effort so we 'll see how it goes.

Short sidecuts chatter as speed rises, unless your board has lots of unobtanium in it, which would drive up the price. Also, the less sidecut <i>depth</i> a board has, the easier it is to make skidded turns and push it around.

We've had someone riding concept boards in this area for awhile. I've been doing a lot of carving on a 9m radius soft boot board. Specs that you expect on a plate board don't translate well when you go to soft boots. In my experience a 9m in softies feels closer to 10m in hard shells. I think we've hit the specs pretty close to where they need to be. We can of course always custom shape something for someone if they want a different sidecut. We will have demos of this line at SES, so bring your soft boots.

I think the specs sound fine for softies. Man I wish this was around a few years ago when I got my A-Frame. The best part is the longer edge. To get 147 edge out of a traditional styled board you'd need at least 187+cm (look at the Tanker). But here you have that at 170.

The 25.5 waist is good for size 12's with a PLS runing about 27F 18R. My Arbor at 170 with 129 edge and 25.2 waist was just lacking width for laying over with my clod hoppers. It had similar sidecut and is pretty fun with HB's too.

I like the overall shape but agree, some tail kick would make off piste superb...more kick than a 4807 but closer to a 4wd, just a thought.

either way, I'd love to try one.

J

Guest Zipperhead

Too many closet engineers out there :AR15firin , this board was designed with a purpose and it is almost perfect (I reserve judgement until I ride it)

This is exactly what I have been looking for to replace my Oxygen Supercross. I plan on getting one of the first and putting on Catek FS Limited bindings with my Deeluxe SCl ID boots for the hardest soft set-up available.

Guest Zipperhead

What are the odds...I just pulled my M6 out of the attic to show the kids what a real snowboard used to look like.

Reminds me of the 1990 Burton M6. Not to say it's the same just the concept is similar. A soft/hard boot carver.

Please send me a free sample ! :biggthump