Note to New Members ×

race suit clearance

philonroad

Pads are nice to have, but don't do a ton of good. If you really need pads, you are better off getting some armor and putting it under the suit. Padding does add a little insulation, but not much.

If you are going to be SB racing, with SB gates (stubbies), you probably don't need a padded suit, but you don't really lose anything by having the padding. If I were going to race PGS in a suit, I'd get a shin guard for my forward leg, plus wear a good back protector under the suit. If I were going to SB race on skier gates with a suit (something I've only done once), I'd get a Dainese combo back protector and fully armored forearm, upper arm and shoulder pads. Like the old Slalom Jacket from Dainese, or the new combo of a Team Slalom Jacket with a good back protector. Plus I'd wear some sort of padded undershorts that have hip/thigh protection, and a good helmet. Racing on skier gates is fun, but it hurts if you aren't armored up.

these are Team suit from the canadian snow board team. The pads help a ton. I would run PGS in the US team suit (almost the same) and never used my shin guards.

Ok I'm getting mixed messages here. Though Im not sure I could bring my self to wear the canadian team ones.

and why 99% of Spyder products look gay??

I would like to get some US team stuff though

• 1 month later...
Ok I'm getting mixed messages here. Though Im not sure I could bring my self to wear the canadian team ones.

and why 99% of Spyder products look gay??

I would like to get some US team stuff though

Because spyder is aimed at skiers, the same people that wear stuff like this 40_2.jpg