Note to New Members ×

Wheelabrator for 4 wheel carving

Gecko

OK for a Longboard skatepark(not really but close enough) that is but 30 minutes from my home and 15 from my office it took me 5 months to make it to Wheelabrator. The "Road" is an access road for waste transfer/incinerator site, so its only OPEN on the weekend (big smelly trucks the rest of the week) but it's worth it for the variety and perfection of terrain. Nearly a mile of nice downhill for carving or racing, an nice bike path for HS/GS and great slide hill for pro's and mere mortals like me (I suck sliding but it's fun). I spent enough time hiking the DH today to catch the speedboarding bug...now I really want a speedboard bad. I'll definitely be making this place a regular for skating

post-507-141842234975_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did when I drove there 95/32/395 (took nearly 50 minutes) because though I knew where is was I had never actually been there. But my return was much faster....its up Rt2 to Rt12, 18miles, then to Rt97 to Rt169, which is about 7 miles, so yes it took about 30 minute to get home.

Local 124 is the website, it's probably the best website so far for finding all different kinds of skateboard sites though it's only a few months old. The Hamilton brothers have been very active in SE CT posting places they've skated.

Wheelabrator and pads....I wore the same gear that I skate pools and parks with. I have full leathers and a spare motorcycle helmet but I honestly don't see it as being necessary for the hill. As long as you can stay stable the hill isn't challenging just fast

just wanted to put this back at the top. The Hamilton brothers say that people will start showing up at after 11AM and should continue for most of the day. I should be there around 2PMish...If anyone wants/need trucks faced I'm planing on bringing my cordless drill and my counter bore...$1 a pair until the drill runs out of charge

just wanted to put this back at the top. The Hamilton brothers say that people will start showing up at after 11AM and should continue for most of the day. I should be there around 2PMish...If anyone wants/need trucks faced I'm planing on bringing my cordless drill and my counter bore...$1 a pair until the drill runs out of charge

Good times skating yesterday.These hills are unreal, zero traffic(almost).

Great to finally meet Gecko and all the chill skaters on the bike path.

Next time we're getting there early , bringing the grill and way more beer.

I'll post some pics soon.

Gleb and any of the Boston crew, we've got to organize a rally to skate, it's only 100 miles up the Pike to 395, worth the trip, no doubt.

I've never seen so much road rash on so many people at a skate session, ever. :biggthump

post-123-141842235364_thumb.jpg

Andrew K had built me a perfect little travel pumping/GS board that I carry nearly every time I get on a plane. so when I decided that I wanted a DH board he was who I asked to build it for me. What I wanted was a mix between a Landy Drop Wedge and a Rayne Hellcat made from BB. What I got was a beautiful combination of those two boards. Unfortuneatly I can't show the concave (every time I try to photograph it it just doesn't look right) because it's a perfect round much like my Fullbag (I am so not a fan of the Landy LunchTray concave). The nose has about a 5* wedge but otherwise the board is straight and stiff. Set up is Re-Faced Angel R7's (Force clones), Landy 77mmHawgs and Bones Reds (for the time being) I've only run it on the little hill next to the house but it's very nice, Specs: 41x10 WB 32.25

please excuse the crappy photoshop burning I was too impatient to post this to shoot good photos

attachment.php?attachmentid=29980&d=1191005196

thanks....I messed around a bunch today trying to sort out the rear truck....I really need a C7 baseplate but baring that I found out that flipping the hanger caused wheelbite with my centerset wheels (not really and issue since my plan is to go with Lemon or Lime BigZigs which are offset) and the hanger rubbed the drop-through cutout. So instead I de-wedged the rear truck a little less than 1/4" and that calmed down the rear for turns, and didn't cause hanger rub or wheelbite. Strange how set up for a speedboard is so similar to a slalom. Now I really want to try it out over a big hill

OH YEAH WHEELABRATOR ON OCT 7TH

Sunday....I'll be bringing my HyperCarve as a spare for anyone who wants to try it, though not a true DH Board I've been down hilling on it for a few months and it works well enough when you tighten the trucks a bit. Really looking forward to this weekend, I've been skating up and down the street way too slowly trying to get a feel for my drop through. I've already switched wheels 3 times before settling on Pink Seven-O's

I have an old set of Boneless kneepads I can bring. My opinion on kneepads however is that there are only two good companies PD and Pain Cheater...everything else is OK (and cheaper but at 40years old walking is as important as money)

I have an old set of Boneless kneepads I can bring. My opinion on kneepads however is that there are only two good companies PD and Pain Cheater...everything else is OK (and cheaper but at 40years old walking is as important as money)

who was the guy making pain cheaters ? Kevin something ? Met him at ZT Maximus long, long ago. Nice guy, Beefy Kneepads.the Guy could rip on that old ramp

Kevin Day !

http://www.paincheaters.com/

not cheap, but worth it

edit:

WOW ! that seebas nichols ! lived with him in Oahu years ago.thx tony !

post-123-141842235924_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842235926_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842235927_thumb.jpg