Note to New Members ×

Carver trucks

Dr D

I have been playing with a set of carver trucks. The articulated C7 truck in the front is a trip to ride. I had to get used to it steering in the back but it really is a blast to pump. when you get the hang of it it will go uphill. Heck of a workout but fun. I have tried several different wheels and actually settled on inline skate wheels 80mm 87a . I gotta be different:freak3: but for pumping they have less drag and longer run with a nice smooth feel.

I am thinking about trying a set of "duallies" two to each side on a set of longboard trucks.

just a caution about inline skate wheels, if you apply too much force sideways on them, they can break.. yeah, like break in half.

also, if they're providing enough grip for you in the back, then you should try to power more off your back foot when pumping.. they should be sliding all over with radiused edges, and such a small contact patch.

i expect you'll hit their limits when you start riding harder, some zigzags or hotspots would make a great replacement:biggthump

they are sliding a little but its a fun transportation item at the moment. they are on a 40 inch deck to so the board eats some of the force. I am going to a 32 tonite we'll see what happens. the goofy front truck seems to take all the energy so far. I don't think it would work well on a regular set of trucks. so far its my flat land machine cause I am old, fat and look silly pushing:eplus2: