Note to New Members ×

Gumballs vs. Fly Wheels

Chubz

an an equal size and durometer the Gumballs will ride softer and smoother though slower than the Flywheels. The big core that Flywheels have allows them to roll faster and still have grip. Also Fly's are centerset bearings (wheels can be rotated) Gumballs are offset which is good for clearance issues but can't be rotated. Another good choice at the 76mm-78mm size are 77mm Landyachtz Hawgs, center set wheels like Flys but with a smooth ride like the Gumballs.

what gecko said, plus that the gumballs chatter more in a slide than the flys.

no real reason to go past the 83mm size though, unless its purely to roll over everything- they're as big as you need for a practical top speed increase.

another wheel i've ridden for you to consider is the sector 9 GOS(76mm), its a great wheel with a little more drift than a gumball, for crusing and such, its a little cheaper with zero performance loss.

{edit}

as gecko says below, 81mm bombhills is also from the quality 'thane.

mmmm sexy foamcoreness.

I may have to play with some composites this summer..

even though I already have too much planned between friends, triathlons, work, skating, windsurfing and surfing :D

[threadjack]

gecko, your wheelwell layers are in the press

[/threadjack]