Note to New Members ×

longboard "deck" for sale

AaronG

Hey, any of you wintertime carvers want to get started in some dry pavement carving?? I am selling my longboard deck, it is in great shape. Throw some Randall IIs 180s, S9 GOS or Krypto Classics on it and go cruising. The board is made by Ashland and it measures 48" X 9". I just use it for cruising around town and running errands. It does have a bit of flex to it being so long.

Got any questions, email me. I would like to get $45.00 + shipping

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

I was thinking about buying a longboard for a while know, but I was looking for a pretty stiff board that I could use as a cruiser around town. How much flex does it have? ... does it flex when you're just cruising around or going into a turn hard?

and how much would shipping be from CA to MA?

RW, the board is not soft by any means. I weigh 195 lbs and can only get it to flex when deep into a turn. The flex I meant in my original post, is happening when you are kicking on the flats, but any board will have some flex then. As for shipping I would need your zip code to get a price, let me know.

It is a 10 ply deck and there is grip applied directly into the clear coat.

Let me know if you have more questions

OVR

OVR - zip code is 01944

Bob - how much for the randalls?

Also, I know that you suggested going with the krypto classics, but are those good wheels for a beginner? I was reading that they are very fast and popular for racing. How much in performance would I be losing if I went with something like this: http://www.boardsports.com/945037.html

Thanks

with those cheapy wheels you are really going to get what you pay for. Dont waste your time.

Something from abec 11, seismic or Krypto will all perform better and last longer in most situations. There are tons of options out there.

if you want a fun carving wheel that grips really nicely look into seismic hotspots in 80a duro(the white ones). Or retro zigzags in 78a duro from abec11.com.

Will do, thank you. There are some ok looking deals on ebay, package deals too (http://cgi.ebay.com/Randal-180mm-Longboard-Trucks-Krypto-Wheels-Abec7-70_W0QQitemZ270113004801QQihZ017QQcategoryZ36625QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

I'd have to add up buying everything individually, but from first glance it looks about the same cost

clear/transparent kryptos are pretty slow (same for gravity krypto-types)

the old classics, especially the blue 80/85mm are very popular for euro style DH, because they drift beautifuly.

seismic/3dm, abec11/pink/retro, (some)s9, tunnel, and some other brands make good quality wheels