Note to New Members ×

What is your summer carving ride(s)?

Bullwings

if you want a dedicated pumping board, look for something moderately wide at the nose, probably tapering towards the tail. a bennett is a great front pumping truck, tracker rts or similar is good for the rear.

randals will work too, but i dont like 'em as well for pumping.

carver CX trucks are probably the top choice, they're supposed to pump effortlessly, i just havent ridden them.

londgoardlarry, chicago longboards, and roe slalom all make dedicated pumping boards, as well.

Thanks for the reply. I'll be looking into all of those and see what suits me best. Also, Glenn has offered to introduce me to the world of skateboarding so hopefully that will open a few windows for me. I'm pretty psyced for it.

I'm on a Loaded Vanguard Bamboo. Flex 1, RII 180's with flipped trucks,

Blue Tracker Stimulators top and bottom with flat washers, Pink Gumballs

and Biltins. Its my first skateboard of any kind and it is fun as hell.

downhill style bushing & truck setup, on a carving board, interesting.

did you get the flex a bit stiff for your weight too?

Nope, if anything the flex may be a tad soft for me at 255 lbs. Honestly I just messed around with different bushing and that's the setup I liked the best. It still carves a nice tight turn but the Stimulators seem to provide a more linear response than the stock bushing shape. The flipped hangers lowered the deck height a little which makes kicking easier for me and made me more comfortable since I'm just learning to skate.

One thing about the pink gumballs, I've read a lot about people having problems with them chunking. So far, mine are wearing really well and have

had no chunking. I'm not doing any sliding though. They have great grip on my local pavement.