Note to New Members ×

Jackson Hole Pictures

Enzo

I just got back from a week vacation in Jackson Hole. This was my fourth time to the mountain and this trip blew the last three away!!! The weather was great--temps in the 30's and the mountains got close to 2 feet of snow across the whole week. I spent three days on the mountain and two days in the backcountry. While at the ski area, surprisingly, I saw some other hardbooters riding carving boards and powder boards. I was riding my Burton Supermodel 172 and it performed well on groomers and off-piste. I widened my stance and set my bindings back a few inches for better stability and to prevent cart wheels in the powder. I kept my angles moderately steep around 55/50 and had no problems in powder conditions.

The highlight of my trip was venturing out in the backcountry along the Teton Pass. There is so much terrain in the Jackson area that you could probably spend years exploring and never board the same line twice. My brother took me out on his snowmobile and we were able to access vast amounts of terrain in less than a 1/2 hour. No hiking was necessary, we were able to power up the backside of slopes and along ridges to the top of the terrain that we were boarding on.

Here's a bunch of pictures from our adventures. Enjoy!!

This is the view from the top our runs. mmmmmmm virgin powder!!!

post-580-141842197007_thumb.jpg

Awesome Enzo, too bad my pics from Jay didnt come out. How was the riding out at Jackson? Up at jay sunday (feb 22) was miserable, winds in excess of 50mph whipping chunks of ice the size of nickels around. There was a huge patch of ice (about 100'x300') on upper goat run, my dad fell and hurt his knee, and I had to wait there with him until he could ski again, which took about 15 minutes. In that 15 minutes that I had my board perpendicular to the snow, it got completley drifted over by snow, and I was riding my fat pow board. The snow in the glades was incredible though, face shots everywhere. I hiked a small patch of vertical and got the 4 best turns of my life :D, then we went down on a non-trail/glade thing that dosent exist on the trail map, from the looks of it we were the first people in there this year. Incredible... How about jackson? Did you ride plates or softies? I was on plates of course.

-Justin

________

Teen vids