Note to New Members ×

SLC- April 7th-9th

JBS

I'm taking my first adventure out west this weekend. I'm planning on sampling Snowbird and Brighton, in no particular order. If anyone will be out making some turns please post and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Just trying to extend the season one more weekend! :D

I'm taking my first adventure out west this weekend. I'm planning on sampling Snowbird and Brighton, in no particular order. If anyone will be out making some turns please post and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Just trying to extend the season one more weekend! :D

With these temps, one more weekend is about all we're gonna get. Rode Powder a couple of days ago and it's getting pretty thin there. Snowbasin has even less. Looks like I may have to finish up my season at Brighton. Was thinking of heading up there on Monday the 9th - let me know.

Kirk, At the moment I'm planning on hitting Brighton on Saturday. Starting Sunday the shuttle service to Brighton will be ending (at least according to the info I've seen) and I've yet to find an inexpensive way to get there. If you know of any other services that run to the mountains please let me know. Trying to do this trip on the cheap. I look forward to riding with some Utah locals.

Spring conditions is all I've been riding for the past month- so bring it on...

jbs, you can take the UTA busses (public transit) to Solitude, Brighton, and to Snowbird. Depending on where you are staying it could be a pita, but it is cheap. The snow at Snowbird is holding up fairly well, mid-winter conditions on Monday from mid-mountain up. But after today and the rest of the week I doubt it will be packed powder.

Matty

Thanks for the update. I've checked the UTA website and it says starting Sunday (04-08-07) that they will be running a limited schedule. Luckly for me I'm staying right across the street from one of the shuttle stops, unluckily (I think) the shuttle will not be running to Brighton or Solitude. Oh well- I'll still be sliding on snow, slush or whatever. I would be more than happy if it turns to slush and just sets up a little at night.

Can't believe I would ever do this, but I cancelled Utah to head up to Vermont instead. With all the snow and cold temps VT has had this week I'm going road tripping. (The flight to SLC was frequent flyer anyway) Thanks for the responses and you can count on me coming out again during a better snow year...