Note to New Members ×

poisoned pet food?

bjvircks

Has anyone been affected by this problem? As soon as I heard about this I went to the website to check the products in question. I found out that my regional store brand "Hy-Vee" had one of their varieties affected. I went to my pantry and found cans of that particular product I'd been feeding my dog! Fortunately the date codes of the cans I have predate the bad product, but I'm throwing them out anyway. Scout shows absolutely no ill affects, so I guess he's dodged this bullet.

News reports indicate gluten from a new chineese supplier was contaminated with a chemical used for cancer chemo, at one time was a abortive agent, and is presently used outside the US as a pesticide.

A letter to the editor of my local paper said a law should be put in place forcing manufacturers to put tests in place to prevent this from happening. I cannot see that ever happening. Too many compounds to test for, too many suppliers of raw ingredients.

Has everyone else been so lucky with your pets?

A guy in my office probably lost his dog to this food, total liver destruction and shutdown. My GSP has blue collar tastes she will only eat Dog Chow dry and Alpo wet food. She does make it cheap for us though. The choice if you don't trust store bought is to make your own. My little terror had issues with a greenie and we had to go this route for a couple of weeks. We bought scraps from the local meat packing plant and mixed with basmati rice. She ate well and it worked out to cost a little less than store bought. the only issues was the extra time involved

my lynx still has the trots....

head2.jpg

I sense that Mr. Lynx (I'm sure he prefers to be addressed as Mr. Lynx, Sir) is giving the photographer a message. It's something like:

Hey, can't a cat get any privacy around here?

As soon as I'm done here I'm going to hunt you down and shove that @#*#*@# camera right up your *$%!