Note to New Members ×

Kirkwood

SEJ

I'm trying to go to KW next Wednesday and I haven't been there in years. Any opinions on what chairs or runs to carve on? Last time I was there they still had the triple chairs they installed when they opened in 72. Last time I was there I think I was riding on the run below the Caples Crest chair. Nice run but a brutally slow chair. I also rode on lift 5 and 6. I hear they have finally spent some money on uphill capacity, (Detachable quads.), instead of building Condos!

I always thought it was a great mountain, just got tired of long lines and slow lifts, BUT they DO have the snow!

Lift 11. Get off and head down the cattrack to the right (it'll be the left if you are facing downhill). This will take you to Buckboard. A very good carving run.

However, It's been very warm here and it'll likely be icy in the morning and slush in the afternoon with probably a half hour to 45 minute window of tolerable snow for carving.

I've put my board up for the season. I never did care for spring conditions.

I'm trying to go to KW next Wednesday and I haven't been there in years. Any opinions on what chairs or runs to carve on? Last time I was there they still had the triple chairs they installed when they opened in 72. Last time I was there I think I was riding on the run below the Caples Crest chair. Nice run but a brutally slow chair. I also rode on lift 5 and 6. I hear they have finally spent some money on uphill capacity, (Detachable quads.), instead of building Condos!

I always thought it was a great mountain, just got tired of long lines and slow lifts, BUT they DO have the snow!

Go for The Reut (chair 11) for a warmup and then head over to Sunrise (chair 4) and hit the run below the lift or chair 6 (Cornice) for some steeps. Both chair 4 & 6 are detachable quads. You never know what can happen from now until April 15th.