Note to New Members ×

Summer Snowboard Camps?

Guest Bamboo_Girl

Bordy,

I find it ironic that you are chasing Vlad away from this forum, when it is you who asserts that no other high-level racers or coaches post here because they get chased away by weekend-warriors.

Vlad,

Bordy is actually a good guy and knows his stuff, he just sometimes has trouble getting the good guy to come through online - unfortunately more often than I wish. Believe me, I've been on the receiving end. You seem to have some great experience to share, the IQ of the forum jumped a notch when you found us. Please give us another chance and stick around. You are appreciated here.

Bordy,

I find it ironic that you are chasing Vlad away from this forum, when it is you who asserts that no other high-level racers or coaches post here because they get chased away by weekend-warriors.

Vlad,

Bordy is actually a good guy and knows his stuff, he just sometimes has trouble getting the good guy to come through online - unfortunately more often than I wish. Believe me, I've been on the receiving end. You seem to have some great experience to share, the IQ of the forum jumped a notch when you found us. Please give us another chance and stick around. You are appreciated here.

What...

This is why this place blows....... i can't back up my views....

If i chased Vlad away perhaps he should not have been so over critacal of my opinion....

Its just my opinion.......

Why is it agan bomber is still 10 years behind the current trends????

Perhaps Im just one more racer whos had enough!!!!

What...

This is why this place blows....... i can't back up my views....

Sure you can man, I just wish that sometimes you could be a bit more diplomatic and less antagonizing. But that's just my opinion and I know that through it all your intentions are good and you have the experience to back it up.

Why is it agan bomber is still 10 years behind the current trends????

Most people here are into freecarving. We like making round, fully carved turns at sub-sonic speeds. These goals are diametrically opposed to a racer's. There is plenty of technique cross-over, of course, which makes you a valuable guy to have here, but the goals are just different, that's all. And I'd say we've come a loooong way since '97.

Guest Bamboo_Girl

Um, yeah, I think.... :lurk:

So really, my point in starting this thread was just to get feedback from the forum about summer snowboarding camps. This, in case anyone doesn't already know, is my first season. So the idea of summer boarding or even the off-season is all new and something I'm still figuring out.

That said, the coaching debate and the persons involved with that, I honestly know nothing of it and have no opinion. I certainly do know however, that having a discussion online is certainly not the same as in person. So hopefully it can be constructive, useful, and positive in some way. 'Nuff said... :biggthump

Back to what I asked about, I'm getting bits and pieces that one can - with a little improvisation, etc - snowboard on the glaciers during the summer (Whistler, Mt. Hood). That's something I'd consider, though those Far East trips I alluded to, are a lot more likely.

Closing note, I did some norm carving on my freestyle deck with a duck-stance. A little odd on the heelside, but it all worked. So there, progress :)

Peace!