Note to New Members ×

Surf-Rodz update

Surf-Rodz

Surf-rodz has moved forward with snow and road deck development and limited manufacturing on all it's products....the current SZ website is being over-hauled with a launch date of june first.

For new pictures and all new media updates, you can go to a .mac product preview site...this site will be updated every 2 weeks till the main site is done.

product preview site_ http://web.mac.com/surfrodz

Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in more info, pics or product details.

Thank you for your time.

Wayne

Wayne Gallipoli

Surf-Rodz, LLC

http://www.surf-rodz.com

wayne@surf-rodz.com

that ASB system looks awesome. the video is cool too. Only problem is, i don't see it being practical with any sort of possible street traffic around. And then there comes the whole thing of , why build a road if you're not gonna have cars traveling on it?

Cool system and concept though, just no clue where I'd use it. At least not in my area.

The snowboards look interesting too, but not with softboots. Even with catek FR2s mounted on those things, softboots don't exactly seem like an option on 18-19cm waist boards.

that ASB system looks awesome. the video is cool too. Only problem is, i don't see it being practical with any sort of possible street traffic around. And then there comes the whole thing of , why build a road if you're not gonna have cars traveling on it?

Cool system and concept though, just no clue where I'd use it. At least not in my area.

The snowboards look interesting too, but not with softboots. Even with catek FR2s mounted on those things, softboots don't exactly seem like an option on 18-19cm waist boards.

-------------

Let me answer your questions and here’s a little more info….

SZ is just about finished with testing and development on the ASB system and I will showcase more video of carving and kiting this summer. As far as pumping on the flats, the ASB system is used more as a cross-trainer than a longboard.

The New 60” SZ longboards are the alternative to this system.

preview site_

http://web.mac.com/surfrodz/iWeb/Site/SZ%20VIEW%20.html

I designed this ASB system for a change from a standard one size fits all length to a system that adapts to body proportion, flex and weight. The versatility of integrating bindings or a skate DECK can be the primary source for many applications with this system. The ASB is also being applied to kiting (skimbats/kitewings) on road, beaches, dirt and grass (http://www.kitewing.com).

As far as being locked in with a binding…mountainboarding and kiteboarding use straps/bindings, so once you get over your mind-set of being strapped in, and as long as you know how to power slide or slide a skateboard, everything becomes a series of pure body motion. The ASB system is also being tested with flat style decks and simple straps like the ones used in kiting.

----

As far as soft-boot bindings on a narrow SNOW deck, I currently ride the ASB bar system and SZ snow decks the same way…with a CATEK soft-boot binding with 70 degrees front and back stance, almost slalom water skiing on snow and pavement. The SZ snow decks work in powder and hardpack conditions and adapt to plate bindings because of the shape and design.

I found that a lot of freeriders and younger freestylers are more in tune to try it and seemed to like it…hey, it all helps the carving market…hope to be out at most events next season as I finally get SZ on track.

If anyone is interested in more pictures or information please contact SZ directly and I will keep you up to date.

Thanks,

Wayne

wayne@surf-rodz.com

Here’s a little more info….

SZ is just about finished with testing and development on the ASB system and I will showcase more video of carving and kiting this summer. As far as pumping on the flats, the ASB system is used more as a cross-trainer than a longboard.

The New 60” SZ longboards will be the alternative to this system.

Product preview_

http://web.mac.com/surfrodz/iWeb/Site/SZ%20VIEW%20.html

I designed this ASB system for a change from a standard one size fits all length to a system that adapts to body proportion, flex and weight. The versatility of integrating bindings or a skate DECK can be the primary source for many applications with this system. The ASB is also being applied to kiting (skimbats/kitewings) on road, beaches, dirt and grass (http://www.kitewing.com).

As far as being locked in with a binding…mountainboarding and kiteboarding use straps/bindings, so once you get over your mind-set of being strapped in, and as long as you know how to power slide or slide a skateboard, everything becomes a series of pure body motion. The ASB system is also being tested with flat style decks and simple straps like the ones used in kiting.

----

As far as soft-boot bindings on a narrow SNOW deck, I currently ride the ASB bar system and SZ snow decks the same way…with a CATEK soft-boot binding with 70 degrees front and back stance, almost slalom water skiing on snow and pavement. The SZ snow decks work in powder and hardpack conditions and adapt to plate bindings because of the shape and design.

I found that a lot of freeriders and younger freestylers are more in tune to try it and seemed to like it…hey, it all helps the carving market…hope to be out at most events next season as I finally get SZ on track.

If anyone is interested in more pictures or information please contact SZ directly and I will keep you up to date.

Thanks,

Wayne

wayne@surf-rodz.com