Note to New Members ×

wawa vs. nashoba valley for learning

mcbane

newbie here..

wondering if people think wawa or nashoba is better for learning to carve. went to nashoba last week and found it crowded and narrow trails. wachusett is a bit farther for me (15min more) but maybe its worth it?

Thanks for any advice!

go to wawa its more than worth it..i get out there about 4 times a week..i have to take my daughter there for race pratice so i got a season pass and is worth every penny..

there is a few of us that ride out there you will see the postings on this forum..

if you get out there put a post and see who can make it..

tell me about what brought you to hard boot riding,,

defintitly wachusett. the indian summer trail is good for getting yourself used to the edges of your board (if you never snowboarded before) and challenger is perfect for doing the norm. Its where I learned. Tell me which day you're going to be out there and I'd be glad to ride with you.

with Gleb. Its also where I learned (softboots), and I think it offers a little of something for all parts of the learning process. I've never been to Nashoba, so I'm a little biased.

I'm thinking about heading there tomorrow (Tuesday) after work to ride in some soup with a T-shirt on, if anyone else is planning to go. Can't do Wednesday this week, and I"d like to get out before it totally turns to mush! :confused:

Angie

Thanks for the input and I totally agree. I ended up going to wawa a few days after my post and found it to be much better than nashoba. nashoba was too short, too crowded, and too many beginners to really get in a good run. I had a great time doing some of the trails at wachusett run off the beginner lift (although the lift was painfully slow! the ratio of ride time to lift time was like 1:10). but hey i'm able to do norm I and norm II now and i think was able to get in a tight turn where i touched the ground! wohoo:)

anyways, was also thinking of going out tomorrow (tuesday) but wondering if its going to be too slushy? anyone know what its like out there?

Glad your having fun. Tomorrow temps will reach 50 so bring a bathing suit if youre gonna go. It will be really forgiving snow so if you can get up to speed, carving will be easy, and so will falling. I got class so have fun and good luck

Hey guys I will be there tomorrow night. I am setting up my soft with plates for my daughter to try (another convert)!!!

I will be there from 4.30 to 9

Angie see you there I would think finding a female on an alpine with a tee shirt should be easy to find!!!

Hope to see some of you out there..

does anyone know are they grooming when its this soft? if they do follow the groomer till it gets chewed up should be a good time for some EC!!!!!!

and purple Donek!

I don't think I've ever been out when its that warm, so it should be interesting. As far as I know, they should still be grooming between sessions. I should be there around 6-615...and I usually start on Ralph's since its usually freshly groomed around then. Only way I'm out if it it rains. I have snowboarded in the rain, and that stinks!

I hope to run into some of you guys!

Angie

I'm going to give my back the rest of this week but I hope to be back this weekend. Anyone going to be around?

As for Nashoba vs wawa - Nashoba isn't what I'd call a worthwhile ride - by the time you actually connect 2 turns together, you're at the lift already. Wawa at least lets you get a few connected before getting to the base, and it has some pretty decent runs.

Guest scvr6

Heading up tonight also, hopefully my brother-inlaw will be with me. Look for two middle aged fat asses. I will be in all tan riding a factory prime.

Lee