Note to New Members ×

Wasatch Trenchin' Convention

Skully

Yup, Dave was supposed to be sending out an update about when and where, but I think he's in Hawaii (what a bummer), so I figured I would get the word out so people can prepare...

The new job is great... Only problem is no time off, so I think I'm SOL on the 4th and the 5th, hopefully I'll at least make it on the 6th, and maybe part of the 7th.....

I'm working at the shop on fri eve and Sat. All day, I should have a moment to come out and ride on Sat. But I can do shop work on those days for any one in need. Also the shop is a great place to meet up and prep to ride its less then a 100 steps from the Payday chair.

You carve, you carve, you carve, no slide even if its icee!!

Wait it doesn't get Icee here never mind.

MMMMMM. Iceeeeee. That sounds good right now.

Billy, I may have to take you up on that if I can make it on Saturday. My freeride/teaching board needs some work. Course I work at The Canyons, so it always needs work.

The only thing worse than having a job is: Not having a job!

Where are the meeting places for PC and Canyons? I'm guessing the ticket office

plaza for PC and the same for The Canyons. I'm driving down from Cache Valley and

need some lead time on when to meet.

I've got access to discount tickets here locally, $49.00 day pass for PC, unless any of

you carvers have a better deal at the mountain.

From what I've read here (BOL), It would seem some of you are in the 'Ripper' category

of carving. Bring your 'A' game so the rest of us who are unworthy can see how it's

done.

From the farm,

utahcarver

Here's my suggestion:

The Canyons, meet at the top of the Cabriolet, near the ticket offices.

PC: Max (Billy's shop), or somewhere around the ticket offices at the bottom of payday.

I would prefer to meet early, around 8:00 so we can get first chair....

Probably a good idea to decide on an FRS radio frequency to communicate with the group. Any ideas?

Discounts: Dave was working on getting discounts at PC for the group. Haven't heard if he was successfull. I know Canyon Sports has discount tickets to both PC and The Canyons. $55 for PC, $49 for The Canyons - according to thier website. Wasatch Ski Connection has $47 tickets for The Canyons. I believe REI used to sell discount tix also, not sure if they still do, or what the prices are.

Just want to let you WTC guys to know that I will be coming in on Thursday, riding Friday, Saturday and some of Sunday. Is there a radio channel that will be designated to hook up wich you guys. And what is the word on the discount tickets?? Is it just the 49 ducket special at PC or is there anythign for the Canyons, my brother is coming with me so that will be another carver on the hill too. See you all Friday

There are also discount tickets for the Canyons available in the Salt Lake valley. $49 also, or $47, depending on where you go.

Mike is supposed to be updating the schedule on harbooter.com with info about where to get those, and he will also be posting an meeting places and times, along with an FRS channel for communication.

If you're staying in Salt Lake, it will be easy to pick up some discount tickets on your way to Park City, otherwise something should be able to be worked out with someone comming up from the valley to pick up discount tickets for you.

The Bad news,

I'm back from Kauai,

The good news,

I'm back from Kauai

The WTC page is updated once again and should be a few more times this week.

I believe that the channel will be 5-12.

No go on dicount tickets direct from PC. They wanted 20 people and still wanted $55 after that.

Nastar course is a go for one snowboard lane.

There will be a group email for meeting place at PC tonight or tomorrow. MON or Tues. I think it will be Max's or a coffee cart.

Catek demos

I have one Rad Air Tanker 182 for demo.

Raffles.

email dave@hardbooter.com to be put on list for group email updates.

See you soon!!

Dave

Fellow WTC riders, bad news. I won't be making it to the WTC this year as the weather forecast for flying up there is marginal in the Salt Lake valley. I was going to leave tomorrow morning but the forecast for SLC calls for overcast skies with a chance for snow, also the weather service is calling for moderate to severe turbulence in the air. I'm still planning on coming up for this winter for some boarding. I will post a message here when I am coming up, hopefully I can meet up with a few of you.

Take lots of pics,

Yup, it snowed last night, and the weather monkeys are predicting snow Friday and Saturday, but nothing substantial. Park City and the Canyons both reported 1 inch new in the last 24 hours.

If you can re-consider, you may want to, as there shouldn't be any major ammounts of new snow.

I'm stuck at work, so I'll only be there for the weekend days...

Just finished watching Picabo Street's snowzone and saw a feature with US Alpine Snowboard team and they had a interview with a Phil Fell. I think the event took place in Austria, can you cofirm this Phil Fell. It is great to see some alpine racing on TV other than the King of the Mtn series.

Skully, believe me, I would rather be there than here. The weather forecast predicted that the visibiltiy would be poor and being that I am not Instrument rated would not be too smart. If I was familiar with the area than that might be another thing. I don't want to run into any mountains that might be lurking in the clouds. Airplanes and hard ground don't mix too well. I will catch you later this year, before the resorts close.