Note to New Members ×

Park City

glenn

Going to Park City next week...Anybody have knowledge of resort such as where to scramble for first tracks, which slopes are best for carving ( not too steep please )? Any other tips that might be helpful?

Bring it on folks :lol:

Park City has plenty of wide groomers of various steepness. Snowbasin is also good, but the managment is lame.

As for fresh tracks, that a secret untill you pay your dues my mouth is closed. Just kidding, keep taking lifts up and look for openings in the trees.

I went there for the first time this season. I found the best mellow groomers were off King Con chair. There's a bunch of them that basically all run off the ridge. You can scout them from the chair and pick the one you want. There are also small powder stashes off the sides of each run so you can dip in and out of those if you want.

Just got home from Park City--Snow was great, weather great but the most people i have ever seen at a resort on sat and sunday. King con is the place for easy smooth wide runs and you'll find some tasty runs in silver ski, (silver King and Willys) if groomed. Have fun it should be great conditions.