Note to New Members ×

Please help me find gear in Colorado!

Guest Hawaiian Ryan

Guest Hawaiian Ryan

Please help me to find gear in Colorado. I am a newbie looking for some 28.5-29 boots, a semi stiff board in the 172-185 range.

Aloha, and Mahalo

Ryan. 719-393-5737

Guest Hawaiian Ryan

I would love some help picking out some gear!

I have old school Raichle soft stepins and a burton alp 5.6.

I picked up everything for $100 when I got here.

I haven't got a clue as to what I'm looking for as far as gear.

I only had a day of hardbooting at the 07 SES. Fin set me up with the softest hard boot he had and a 172 F2 silver arrow.

Seemed to be sweet. Is the prior on ebay similar in ride? I'm a 175lb and ride pretty hard. What should I expect to pay for used gear? Someone offered me some head boots for 325. I'm just getting started though and don't want a huge investment till i know what i want.

Any help appreciated.

R

Hi,

I live in Glenwood Springs and yesterday I was checking out the second hand shop. They have a pair of Raichle's with step in heels already on them (you don't necessarily need to have step in bindings and can still use these boots with regular bindings too, just that the step in feature will not work) I think they were $175.00 and looked in good condition. My question to you is are you a 29? Since you are looking for 28.5 or 29's, there is a huge difference between those 2 sizes since it is a whole shell size change. 28's and 28.5 use the same shell with a change of liner but then the shell gets bigger once you move up to a 29.

As for boards I'll take a look at the second hand shop in Aspen and reply again. they have a lot of inventory for carving set ups there too. I should be able to look there early this week. Are you picky on what to get or just looking for a good set-up? I also think they will take offers on their equipment just to get it moved out.

JoelP

Guest Hawaiian Ryan

I heard from a nother rider that I should get the boots a bit small. Is this the case for new liners?

I think a 29 would be more my style but right now I'm riding an old school of Raichle soft step ins in a size 28- Ouch. The end of the day is a relief.