Note to New Members ×

Ripping snowboarding pants

jtslalom

Every pair of snowboarding pants I have ever owned wear out. The last pair looked like a pair of pants made with duct tape. Both knees are worn out with big holes in them and the upper pockets on the upper portion by my hips are tearing off. I decided to get a new pair last week so I bought a pair of spider pants. After two days out I noticed the knee area on the right pants leg has some wear marks on it along with some on hip area on the left. I'm sure I will get two good seasons with them but I was expecting not to see any wear for some time. Does any one know of a brand of snowboarding or ski pants that really hold up well?

Patagonia Rubicon pants bought this year at MEC. Stretch high denier nylon fabric (very course). No signs of wear to the fabric but some of the seam stitching is going fuzzy with wear. Very flexible with no movement restrictions but slender in the leg rather than baggy jib-monkey look.

I had them altered to create a long slit through the lower leg for my Intec pull handles. I had the slit reinforced with heavy duty basting tape and covered with a velcro patch. It was a long search to find the right pants and get them altered but I'm very content.

I used to have the same problem, along with the zippers letting go. Then I bit the bullet and bought a pair of Arcteryx pants. They are spendy but, besides being bullet proof, they have a lifetime guarantee. I used it when the seat material seperated from the goretex liner on a pair of Theta LT pants and upgraded to the heavier Theta SK's and haven't had any problems since.