Note to New Members ×

hey there

Guest kunzjob

Guest kunzjob

Hey all, I just joined the site here and would love some insight. i started boarding as a sophomore in high school (7 years ago) and progressed through the motions pretty quickly. i became an instructor at the local resort the next 2 years before going to college in Florida. unfortunately the next few years i didnt get to ride much but this year im back into my groove. right now im riding a new Custom 162 but i have always been intrigued by the alpine boards. i can rip on the custom but i want to really lay into some carves so im interested in the alpines. i haven't rode one yet and i'm very tempted to buy one. i guess im looking for some advice on what to purchase to get me started. i'm 5'10" and weight 150-160 pounds. i would be looking for something to get me started that is cheap. i'm also wondering if the hard boots you use are the same as ski boots or if they are somehow different. what would be a good starting point for me? thanks a ton.

"what would be a good starting point for me?"

Welcome to the BOL Forum.

Suggestions.

Fill in your user profile. So help in your area can find you.

Read the FAQs carefully written by BOL members for your benefit.

Hang out and read the forum to see if you can gleem information you can use.

Use the "Search" function to locate beginner subjects that have been answered dozens of times before.

Watch videos , read all the available articles and then ask specific questions.

Don't be put off by grumpy old snowboarders that welcome newbies by scolding them right off the bat!! :biggthump

Welcome to BOL, really! Bryan <!-- / message -->

Guest kunzjob

i got the email turned on now. is anybody local to buffalo, NY? i usually dont see alpine boards at kissing bridge but who knows if they go to holiday valley. thanks for all the info.