Note to New Members ×

Washington and vacinity carvers...

brodster_57

Hi

(Disclaimer- I work there)

The downtown Seattle REI has a giant Wintersteiger machine and a bunch of great techs. I do my own waxing and edges, but let them grind and have been very happy with the results. The machine is big enough to put a VW bug into (almost) but seems pretty bomber...

I am pretty interested in that board, if you let me peek at it I can try to rush the service along so you don't have to make two trips, it depends on when you need it done.

Jon

Originally posted by Jon G.

Hi

The downtown Seattle REI has a giant Wintersteiger machine and a bunch of great techs. I do my own waxing and edges, but let them grind and have been very happy with the results. The machine is big enough to put a VW bug into (almost) but seems pretty bomber...

I am pretty interested in that board, if you let me peek at it I can try to rush the service along so you don't have to make two trips, it depends on when you need it done.

Jon

I go right by your store quite often. Do you know if your techs have done Alpine boards before???? What is the cost.

Originally posted by Jon G.

Hi

Jon

Thank you for the info. I am very interested and may just make a trip over to get it done. I was very dissappointed that Spokane lacks good snowboard machines and techs. I just picked it up at the Post office today and that board is downright gorgeous. I am sure you have seen many Donek's but here is a pic. Sorry couldn't get a good picture of how the Ruby Red metallic gleams in the sun.

post-388-141842196985_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by jlm27

You should have to do anything to it if it just came from Shawn. It should be ready to ride except maybe a hot wax just to make sure the base has enough wax soaked in.

Sure, it's ready to ride!

But it probably hasn't been "personalized" yet, with the rider's preferred edge bevels and base structure. Here in the wet Pac NW, an aggressive structure is your friend if you ride where there are a lot of flats.

Nice ride BTW! My Wide 161 doesn't look anywhere near as cool, that metallic topsheet is awesome.

Originally posted by Mike T

Sure, it's ready to ride!

But it probably hasn't been "personalized" yet, with the rider's preferred edge bevels and base structure. Here in the wet Pac NW, an aggressive structure is your friend if you ride where there are a lot of flats.

Nice ride BTW! My Wide 161 doesn't look anywhere near as cool, that metallic topsheet is awesome.

Thanks for the comps on the board, I was very happy to see the Ruby Metallic topsheet. And amen on the personalization. Plus I want to do some boarder crosses on it so I want it fast! I used to ride 90 deg edges but I am not sure if that is the wisest setup for me. A little base bevel for comfort and a couple on the side for the hard pack.

Originally posted by C5 Golfer

I go right by your store quite often. Do you know if your techs have done Alpine boards before???? What is the cost.

Yes, the have done alpine boards, but it is of course a low percentage. Unless you asked for specific bevels or structures they would treat it like any other board, but they are always happy if someone actually takes an interest, and will do whatever you ask.

How would an "alpine" tune differ from a "freeride" tune? Good new topic?

I get a discount and mostly do my own work, so I can't remember the cost offhand. I am back to work Thursday and can check then, or call them at 1-888-873-1938. I would be happy to meet anyone from Bomber as they dropped off a board and make sure they took good care of it, but that would happen anyway, I think.

Jon

Originally posted by Art

Off topic a little, but Jon, did you get my E-mail about Crystal?

Yeah, sorry for the no-reply. I may be in Seattle for the whole race time. Been busy with the work vs. riding thing. Seems that battle is a factor now, as I may be working Monday (normally a sacred ride-only day for me)

I hope the race is fun!

Jon