Note to New Members ×

pain

Yard Sale

I've got some horrible pain the muscles or tendons that go from the outside ankle bone up to the calf. It is either caused or made worse by getting up on the balls or toes of my feet and working this muscle. I'm trying to eliminate that bad habit, but the pain is still there.

Is there some combination of lift and cant to cure this pain?

I used to ride TD1s with various combos of 0 and 3 discs, now I've got TD2s, first with flat discs, now with 6-degree discs for toe and heel lift.

My first thought is to wonder if you have the lateral cant on your boots adjusted to your legs correctly? That has to be checked on-board. I had all kinds of strange pains until I got that adjusted right.

EricW is that you? I'm planning to make it to Mt. Rose sometime later this month for a day trip. Maybe I can hook up with you and James?

rolled, sprained or broken this ankle? My left ankle is toast these day and though the weather is great I won't step near a skateboard until the snow is gone. That said my ankle feels better with toe lift and I do adjust it at times to relieve strain.

I have the same pain on my front leg/outer shin a few inches above my ankle bone. I've tried outward binding cant, locked/unlocked boots, forward lean adjustments, RAB's, BTS, custom Intuition liners, and many visits to a top notch bootfitter in an attempt to solve this problem.

I’m at the point where the pain gets pretty bad after riding two days in a row, but then subsides midweek just in time for the following weekend of riding. This has been going on for a couple of years with different boot shells and stock & moldable liners. I'm starting to wonder that it's not the equipment, but rather a minor issue with technique.