Note to New Members ×

Favorite Resorts?

kirtap

My family and I are going out to visit CU over Presidents Day weekend. Since we will be out there, I figured why not go skiing for a day or two. We will get out there Saturday night, ski on Sunday, visit CU on Monday, and then ski again on Tuesday. I know it will be very crowded due to the long weekend. Where would everyone suggest that is good for an intermediate carver? Also, does anyone know any good places to stay that would be reasonably cheap? My dad wants to stay in the Silverthorne area on Saturday and Monday night, and the Boulder area on Sunday night. I suppose it would be too late to ask Fin if I could try some longer boards because of SES (my longest is a 167)?

Thanks

Guest demonballer

well if your flying frontier then you can get 2 for 1 tickets at winterpark and copper if you show your boarding pass. But since you are staying in the silverthorn area the closest places would be keystone, abasin and breck. copper is pretty close to. Finding cheap lift tickets is going to be pretty hard though. Breckenridge is my vote though, it has great, wide groomers and its real big so its spreads the crowds out pretty well.

We aren't staying in the Silverthorne area for sure, just an idea we looked at. I looked at Copper too, and from what I've heard, it will just be too crowded, especially over a holiday weekend. We are flying Frontier though and have seen that deal. I'll look into Breckenridge. Thanks