Note to New Members ×

is this a bad idea?

abakker

is it a bad idea to take a set of at boots which you like to ride in and grind down the toe/heel so that they have a shorter sole base. i was thinking it might be nice to do that so that i could run lower angles without bootout, but if it really compromises the integrity of the boot, please let me know. i haven't done it yet.

Alex

yeah, i definitely meant to a pair of skiboots. snowboard shells are short enough.

Alex

You should be aware that we see a higher percentage of board breakage when ski boots are being used. This is primarily due to the fact that ski boots are not designed to flex side to side. Given the stiff interface of most bindings combined with a ski boot, the board is left to do 100% of the flexing. Boards will usually fail somewhere near the bindings. I always tell customers wishing to start out on ski boots, that investing in a snowboard specific boot as they progress will help them improve and reduce the likelyhood that they will be investing in a replacement board. A ski boot is simply not designed to function the way a snowboard boot does.