Note to New Members ×

I need a Photoshop Guru

Justin A.

If there is anybody out there that's good with photoshop or PSP or any program like that, I was wondering if you could do me a HUGE favor and change a few colors in the following photo.

RubicononTherocks2.jpg

I was hoping that you could change the color of the hardtop and fender flares to a Kakhi color for me, as I just switched to Mac and now don't have photoshop...or the nessicary skills to do the editing myself for that matter...

If anybody could do this, it would be HUGLEY appreciated.

haha I like that second one. Very N.E. lol.

I think I was envisioning something more like this...this is about as far as I can go with Aperture. I can modify colors in the photo, but I can't change them outright.

UllrGoofyFace.jpg

Could you maybe do a version where it's like...greenish black? I'm wicked bad at describing colors...maybe like...0R, 0B, 40G? or something like that...I probally messed up the values...

Justin,

I also lost Photoshop with move to Mac (not entirely as I run Windows in emulator from Parallels) and my wife would not let me work on her Mac :smashfrea

I figured that for what I want to do free GIMP 2 is enough. Just download it and install. Developers of the tool try to follow Photoshop. Of course this thing is not as professional as Photoshop, but some advanced processing tools are available in GIMP... and definitely everything to correct a photo is there.

Justin,

I also lost Photoshop with move to Mac (not entirely as I run Windows in emulator from Parallels) and my wife would not let me work on her Mac :smashfrea

I figured that for what I want to do free GIMP 2 is enough. Just download it and install. Developers of the tool try to follow Photoshop. Of course this thing is not as professional as Photoshop, but some advanced processing tools are available in GIMP... and definitely everything to correct a photo is there.

I second GIMP, as long as you don't need special monitor/printer/colorspace calibration.

In Aperture I have everything I need for photo finishing (and then some), but it lacks the creative side of photoshop. It's an AMAZING photoprocessor - I would say better than photoshop actually, but it doesn't have the ability to do the less common (for me anyway) tasks of drawing on photos, completley changing colors (like I was trying to have done above), and stuff like that. For stuff like that, I'll probally be buying CS2/3 in a few weeks, but I was also looking to be getting the Rhinolining done before I leave for school at the end of march. I'll check out GIMP in the meantime though.

In Aperture I have everything I need for photo finishing (and then some), but it lacks the creative side of photoshop. It's an AMAZING photoprocessor - I would say better than photoshop actually, but it doesn't have the ability to do the less common (for me anyway) tasks of drawing on photos, completley changing colors (like I was trying to have done above), and stuff like that. For stuff like that, I'll probally be buying CS2/3 in a few weeks, but I was also looking to be getting the Rhinolining done before I leave for school at the end of march. I'll check out GIMP in the meantime though.

Well sounds like someone is pro ;) Aperture! Do you play with RAW format photo?

Well sounds like someone is pro ;) Aperture! Do you play with RAW format photo?

Totally pro-aperture...one of the reasons I switched to Mac (among many) was so that I could use it. I was shooting RAW when I first got my DSLR, then got fed up with the conversion to JPEG after shooting, so I was just shooting in JPEG, and found that I lost alot of control and clarity in my photos, so I got aperture and now I shoot in RAW all the time. The difference is stunning.

Totally pro-aperture...one of the reasons I switched to Mac (among many) was so that I could use it. I was shooting RAW when I first got my DSLR, then got fed up with the conversion to JPEG after shooting, so I was just shooting in JPEG, and found that I lost alot of control and clarity in my photos, so I got aperture and now I shoot in RAW all the time. The difference is stunning.

I know the difference is stunning :) All pros do RAW now. I can tell something on what my wife gest as material for her magazine to prepare :D

I will consider Aperture when I get my DSLR. So far I pushed two point-and-shoot Canon cameras to the limit. I took pictures with those small toys that no amateur could belive it was possible. Since I came from SLR film photo to learn digital then perhaps this is the time to get DSLR. Anyways our Canon lenses from SLR are waiting angettinmg dust only. I need just body and I think that new Rebel XTi should be good enough for me and my wife.