Note to New Members ×

California

Carp

Sac town is pretty safe. Recently, quite a few "hot house" homes growing indoor marijuana in the suburbs. That may interest you or not.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20070112-1656-ca-suburbanpotfarms.html Funny that a San Diego newspaper is the printing this...I don't bring this up because I'm a doper, but because it is the most noteworthy news about Sac these days.

Closest snow - Sugarbowl (1 hour) , not a great carving mtn, but many other mtn's near by within 2 hours. Squaw, Alpine, Northstar, Mt. Rose, Kirkwood, Heavenly, etc.

Come on out and join the TC'ers (Tahoecarvers) :AR15firin

--Hugh

Hiya!

I live in the Sacramento Area. Rancho Cordova, it's about 7 miles west of downtown. I have a season pass to Kirkwood, 2 hour drive. From where I am, just about anywhere in Tahoe is about 2 hours away (except Mt. Rose, that's about 3 or 3 1/2). Also, check out Tahoe Carvers: http://www.tahoecarvers.com/home.php

Looks like we're expecting 2 to 4 FEET of snow in the mountains starting tomorrow and through the weekend! WOOO HOOO!

The beach is also about 2 hours away, pending traffic.

Send me an e-mail if you like.

I appreciate the feed back guys. How's the traffic? I've only really driven hwy 1, but have heard that traffic out there is horrible. I'm guessing it's just San Fran and LA, but not sure? Also, how's the surf? I've really only surfed in Florida and down in Santa Cruz. The forecast says enough about the riding.

Thanks again.

Maybe a foot or two of fresh, but 2-4'? Sweet! What ever it is, I'll post up when I return from my 3-day session at Kirkwood. Leaving early tomorrow with lodging on the main road, oh yeah! :AR15firin :AR15firin

Carp, I have one friend near Sac (Loomis) that comes down to Santa Cruz on a regular basis for surfing. Surfing and carving, life doesn't get much better than that.

--Hugh

Maybe a foot or two of fresh, but 2-4'? Sweet! What ever it is, I'll post up when I return from my 3-day session at Kirkwood. Leaving early tomorrow with lodging on the main road, oh yeah! :AR15firin :AR15firin

Carp, I have one friend near Sac (Loomis) that comes down to Santa Cruz on a regular basis for surfing. Surfing and carving, life doesn't get much better than that.

--Hugh

Yeah, and if you windsurf or kitesurf, the Bay Area and especially the Delta has some of the best conditions in the US all summer long.

J