Note to New Members ×

TD2 Shoulder Bolt Failure

Linus

The short answer is "no". I guess now we'll get into a lengthy discussion about how to measure grip and forearm strength, my two hands are weaker than your one hand and all that stuff.

The binding should be snug - the boot should not be freely moving around after the clip is closed. If it's over tight you're just distorting the boot shell anyway-what is the point to that?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Checked my intec heels and sure enough all four screws on both heels were loose. Not loose enough to feel wobble but loose none the less. Damned entropy.! Gulp.. . . . It is sort of scary when you really consider what is holding us to the snow. On the toe bail issue, I have ridden with a guy named Rex who used to set his bindings up so tight he carried around the handled end of a broken off ski pole to crank on his toe piece with. I never saw his boot explode, or saw him release from his bindings for that matter but I was definately concerned. I have had binding pre-release while riding, luckily without injury, just riding along with what I thought was pretty good tension, one hand pull with moderate torque. I definately tightened them up a bit after that but it amazes me sometimes how tension varies by boot temp, and snow on the heel blocks. In any case it definately pays to do a system check before heading up the chair.

I managed to brake a shoulder bolt just like on the pic at the beginning of this thread.

It happened on the ECS event on a very steep and stiff slope during a laid turn.

I'm sure that the screws were tight as I do some edge tuning every day and I also check on the screws.

I think that sooner or later every binding will bend / brake under serious usage, it is just a question of time.

The good thing in the Bomber TD is that you can get all spare parts replaced - try this with a Snowpro or F2.... ;-)

Kindest